Stereo

denslexusgx470

yeah, since i downloaded mp3 songs and put them on cd

what! it does not play mp3s....when u burned ur mp3s to CD, it must have converted them to WAV files..... a good way to verify this, is to ask you, do u have more than 20 tracks/songs on this CD of yours?

i duno, i have to go check. I think I have at least 21 songs on it.

yeah, since i downloaded mp3 songs and put them on cd

what! it does not play mp3s....when u burned ur mp3s to CD, it must have converted them to WAV files..... a good way to verify this, is to ask you, do u have more than 20 tracks/songs on this CD of yours?

That would be great if the stereo played MP3's. But, I have tried and it does not work. Also, a typcial CD player will NOT play WAV's. The normal encoding method is AIFF. And depending on the song length and disc type (72 vs. 80 min. disc) you can probably get about 22-30 songs on a single disc. I have tried making MP3 data disc's to no availe.

With that said, if anyone knows how to encode a CD with MP3's and play them in the ML CD change I would be happy as can be. After all, you can get about 8 HRs. of music on an MP3 disc. Forget about the Ipod for now, an MP3 format would ROCK.

so when we download mp3s from the internet, it then changes to another form when we burn them onto disc??

Not necessarily. You can put mp3 formatted songs on a CD too.

'i'm confused because i have a stereo here at home that's having cds problems. Sometimes it would read a cd, sometime not. When i burned that "so called mp3 cd" my stereo can read it loud and clear, as if it was a brand new stereo. so i was really wondering what format the songs are!

so when we download mp3s from the internet, it then changes to another form when we burn them onto disc??

Not necessarily. You can put mp3 formatted songs on a CD too.

'i'm confused because i have a stereo here at home that's having cds problems. Sometimes it would read a cd, sometime not. When i burned that "so called mp3 cd" my stereo can read it loud and clear, as if it was a brand new stereo. so i was really wondering what format the songs are!

Not that we are trying to turn this into an Techno/Audiophile thread, but ...

If you use a "CD" type burning software and you select AUDIO CD as the format. The software will convert the files to an AIFF format. If you select DATA CD, and the files are in an MP3 format, this will creat a MP3 DATA disk. And quite a few of the newer CD players will read the MP3 DATA format as valid and play them. The CD player must have the MP3 hardware codec inside to do this. And further yet, it may work if you select DATA CD with WAV files, this method is compatible on far fewer CD players.

There are some DVD players that will also play MP3 data disks. But they are not on the DVD media. MP3's will only work on standard CD media and in a DATA mode. If you place a DATA format DVD with MP3's in that same player, the player will look for a DVD VIDEO disk. The two types are NOT compatible. So, the player will not accept the Audio MP3 DVD disk. This has to do with the formatting structure of DVD in video players. But, if you really had a bug up .. you know. You could make an AC3 format Audio disk that will play in the DVD player. But it has to be encoded as such.

As far as the CD sometimes playing and not playing. That is a disk compatibility issue of either media (disk manufacture) or file structure. If your CD player sometimes reads MP3's or not, it is usually just a bad or marginal data record (burn).

Sorry for the off topic, and I hope it helps clarifies any fog I may have thrown in earlier... :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...