95 Es300 Tranny Problems

xsahowx

Hey lexus es300 members. I have a 95 es300. I was driving one night my car was like bogging like not getting in gear. The tranny was replaced recently. The car tended to shut down and not get in gear. The car was smoking from the engine bay. I guess the transmission fluds were leaking and burning on the headers or something. I checked the car and the transmission fluids were all on the ground. From a leak. I checked the transmission fluids and it was like on low low. Car didnt wanna move. What could it be? Please reply as soon as possible. Thanks Lexus members

I'd get your car towed back to the original shop/dealer who replaced your tranny and complain my butt off. Maybe the tranny drain plug from the pan was not tightened enough? This tranny incident is absolutely uncalled for, and I'd be mad as hell as well! :chairshot:

I'd get your car towed back to the original shop/dealer who replaced your tranny and complain my butt off.  Maybe the tranny drain plug from the pan was not tightened enough?  This tranny incident is absolutely uncalled for, and I'd be mad as hell as well!  :chairshot:

The thing is it was my aunts car before and she was the one who replaced it. She gave about 1500 to some lady to fix it for her. And she doesnt have the reciept cause she lost it. So Im out there.. I just wanna get a heads up so I wont get ripped off. Maybe its just something simple that would charge me 50 instead of 250.

put fluid back in and see where it is leaking from but if it is slipping then don;t drive ti as you will only make it worse

Where do i fill the transmission fluds at? Is it where I check the tranny dipstick? Or is tehre somewhere else hidden? thanks for the replys

I'm pretty sure the only place to fill it is through the dipstick tube. I had this same problem back when I was still having mine in/out of the transmission shop. I had to get it towed; didn't matter what I did, that sucker wasn't moving at that point. I think mine was leaking from the housing; they hadn't sealed it off well or tightened it up or something. Hell, there's no telling with that stupid shop. I wanna burn that place to the ground after all I've been through with them (including me selling the car now....)

I'm pretty sure the only place to fill it is through the dipstick tube.  I had this same problem back when I was still having mine in/out of the transmission shop.  I had to get it towed; didn't matter what I did, that sucker wasn't moving at that point.  I think mine was leaking from the housing; they hadn't sealed it off well or tightened it up or something. Hell, there's no telling with that stupid shop. I wanna burn that place to the ground after all I've been through with them (including me selling the car now....)

Alright kool thanks for the advice. I'm thinking its the housing also. I can see where it leaks from. Now I know what to expect from a shop that cant rip me off.. Thanks a lot guys

I'm pretty sure the only place to fill it is through the dipstick tube.  I had this same problem back when I was still having mine in/out of the transmission shop.  I had to get it towed; didn't matter what I did, that sucker wasn't moving at that point.  I think mine was leaking from the housing; they hadn't sealed it off well or tightened it up or something. Hell, there's no telling with that stupid shop. I wanna burn that place to the ground after all I've been through with them (including me selling the car now....)

Agreed! Before filling anything, make sure everything underneith is tight & screwed together correctly. Eliminate the easiest stuff first & let us know........make sure the tranny is filled to the proper level as well....to much fluid can cause serious damage & you will be looking at a bill in the thousands! Use the correct fluid too! Good Luck! ;)

:cheers: