Back Bumper Dent

GalletGun

Hi recently my car was hit by something on the back bumper and it made an unoticable dent on the very bottom panel of the back bumper of my 2003 IS300. Its very hard to notice but if there was a way of covering it with something instead of getting the whole bumper replaced or painted. I was thinking of like sticker decals like maybe in a black color that I could cut into a long strip to apply on that bottom panel of the back bumper as way of adding some type of design but in reality to cover that dent b/c it bothers me a little. IF anyone knows anything about where I could purchase a black decal sticker that I could cut into a desirable shape and apply it to my car and that it could be removed easily when I turn my car in please let me know. When the light shines on it at a certain angle it makes a crease line and it really bothers me and I dont want to spend like 90 dollars on adent removal or 500 dollars on replacing or repainting the bumper.

Also If anyone else has any ideas about how to hide this dent without spending TONS of money please let me know as well.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Hi recently my car was hit by something on the back bumper and it made an unoticable dent on the very bottom panel of the back bumper of my 2003 IS300. Its very hard to notice but if there was a way of covering it with something instead of getting the whole bumper replaced or painted. I was thinking of like sticker decals like maybe in a black color that I could cut into a long strip to apply on that bottom panel of the back bumper as way of adding some type of design but in reality to cover that dent b/c it bothers me a little. IF anyone knows anything about where I could purchase a black decal sticker that I could cut into a desirable shape and apply it to my car and that it could be removed easily when I turn my car in please let me know. When the light shines on it at a certain angle it makes a crease line and it really bothers me and I dont want to spend like 90 dollars on adent removal or 500 dollars on replacing or repainting the bumper.

Also If anyone else has any ideas about how to hide this dent without spending TONS of money please let me know as well.

Thanks!

If it's just a dent in the bumper cover, you might want to try popping it out from behind using something soft. I had a dent in the bumper cover that I popped out with the rubber covered handle to my "club." Then apply a micropolisher like GS-27 (used to be advertised on TV. it was great stuff) or Meguiars Scratch-X (bought it at Target). If the paint damage is merely superficial, that'll work magic.