Cruise Control

norbertk

Hey all,

I got a Code Alarm remote starter/entry system installed last week, and I've had nothing but problems with it. Going straight to my problem, after picking up my car and going back on the highway, I turned on cruise control, and it lit up on my cluster, and then I pressed Set Coast, and released the accelerator naturally thinking it would take the car. Then my car just started decelerating, so okay I think I must have missed it. I try Set Coast again, and nothing. None of the functions work.

I took it back the next day, and they said that they do not come anywhere close to the cruise control wiring or system, and said it was purely a coincidence. They recommended I take it to the dealer for them to look at it. They did keep it for a few hours and claimed they took it on a road test, and it worked 2 out of the 5 times they tried. Somehow I'm not matching their results!

I'm not going to go to the dealer because they will charge me a ridiculous amount for just looking at it. All the fuses are fine, and I'm pretty much dumbfounded. If anyone could help, it'd be appreciated.

Have you checked the wiring for the cruise control in the engine bay? Depending on your year, the cruise control assembly is located near the battery, but that's on the '92-'93 (I'm not 100% sure on the later years). Find out what the installers touched on the car (i.e. did they do wiring from the interior to the engine bay or disassembled anything) because maybe the wiring they did messed up the cruise control.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Welp, on my 3vz-fe wiring diagram the CC ECU get's power from the 25amp STOP fuse, and the 15amp IG fuse.

On the 94-96 1mz we've got the 15amp STOP & 15amp ECU IG.

They're most likely both OK as your car apparantly moves & I doubt you've been given tickets for having inoperable brake lights. :D

Ebay, junkyard, TAP Recycling a used unit from an ES/Camry.

Maybe they killed your CC-ECU. Make since. You have to run a remote start through the IGN power supply at some point after the fuse. Which means if they shorted something during the install, or created a spike of some kind - it would have hit the CC-ECU unshielded.

Make since 2 me.