Snow And Ice?

ky1980

I'm leaving my car (RX330) in my apartment parking lot for 2 weeks and I was wondering if anyone's got any tips to keep it protected from snow and ice.  No I don't have a garage !!

Thanks

A good coat of wax is as good as anything. Also, when you come back, make sure to run the egine and defroster to melt anything like wipers frozen to the windshield, etc.

A good wax as mentioned is a good idea to protect the paint. Lubricate all hinges on the doors & make sure your battery is strong so it won't die sitting for that time in the cold weather. B)

:cheers:

Talk very nice to it, because she's not going to be happy out there for 2 weeks in the cold and ice!!

I would put a set of jumper cables in the back, cause you may have a dead battery after sitting that long in the frigid cold----

Do you have a block heater ky? :unsure: If so, all you would need to do is plug it in when you return from your trip & if the battery is good, she'll fire up no problem as it relieves much stress on starting the vehicle after sitting in the cold whether or not there is ice or snow present. ;)

I'm leaving my car (RX330) in my apartment parking lot for 2 weeks and I was wondering if anyone's got any tips to keep it protected from snow and ice.  No I don't have a garage !!

Thanks

A good coat of wax is as good as anything. Also, when you come back, make sure to run the egine and defroster to melt anything like wipers frozen to the windshield, etc.

Thanks for the response. Should I just take my car to a dealer and ask them to wax it for me !! Is there any special kind of wax I should use. I've heard people talk about some kind of clay you can put on your car !! Please let me know.

Thanks

Thanks for the response.  Should I just take my car to a dealer and ask them to wax it for me !! Is there any special kind of wax I should use.  I've heard people talk about some kind of clay you can put on your car !! Please let  me know.

Thanks

Check out the detailing forum, all the answers you need are in there.

If you don't want to do it find a good reputable detailer in your area, don't let the dealer do it. The dealer overcharges for crappy work.

Thanks for the response.  Should I just take my car to a dealer and ask them to wax it for me !! Is there any special kind of wax I should use.  I've heard people talk about some kind of clay you can put on your car !! Please let  me know.

Thanks

Check out the detailing forum, all the answers you need are in there.

If you don't want to do it find a good reputable detailer in your area, don't let the dealer do it. The dealer overcharges for crappy work.

Agreed sw....overcharges BIGTIME! :ph34r: