Alternator Died Tonight Listen To This Crap

Vector

ok i have a 92 sc400. my alternator DIED on us19 i live about 10 miles from there. i drove all the way home with absolutely no power. no lights. no breaks cept the e break, no power stearing. i love rack/pinion stearing, i wouldnt of made it with out it. ne way i was on my way to chilis for dinner when all the lights just died. and the stearing got really really stiff. and after i breaked for the first time to turn off i couldnt push the breaks in anymore. imagine going 70 down a busy cityish road and everything failing at once.... it sucks. any way i drove the sc all the way home where it dinally completely died in my driveway. i have to use shiftlock override to get it into park

yea my powerstearing fluid leaks ne sugestions

ok i have a 92 sc400. my alternator DIED on us19 i live about 10 miles from there. i drove all the way home with absolutely no power. no lights. no breaks cept the e break, no power stearing. i love rack/pinion stearing, i wouldnt of made it with out it. ne way i was on my way to chilis for dinner when all the lights just died. and the stearing got really really stiff. and after i breaked for the first time to turn off i couldnt push the breaks in anymore. imagine going 70 down a busy cityish road and everything failing at once.... it sucks. any way i drove the sc all the way home where it dinally completely died in my driveway. i have to use shiftlock override to get it into park

yea my powerstearing fluid leaks ne sugestions

If your p.s. pump is leaking, it will leak onto the alternator causing it to fail.

Power steering of the sc400 sucks ... seem to have most of the problems... i had to pour in 1 full bottle everytime i drive when i first got it..with a check engine light... its not that hard to fix if u have the equipment... i took it to a near by machanics he said he dont noe.. so i just tired fixing it myself.... come to find out.. that on the power steering pump.. theres 2 places with possible leakage due to wear out of the ring gasket that happens within 100k or above mile on sc400... all you have to do is replace the ring gaskets... if u can find me a picture on the gallery... of the power steering pump.. i can tell you where the 2 gasket rings located.. its easy to fix.. but gettin there is kinda hard, have to take out the intake, take out the engine cover on the passenger inorder to take out the cap and rotor covers. the power steernig pump is located just underneath the cap and rotors..

i dont know on 300.... if there is a power steering pump leak in the 400 (leak In the Pump itself) then... it would leak into the intake and have the engine sucking on power steering fuild and cause check engine and blue/white smoke behind exhuast... i dont see it leak into the alternator in the sc400 so im guessing its in a different location on 300

The power steering pump on the SC300 is on the driver's side, alternator is on the passenger side. I just had my alternator rebuilt because the valve cover gasket was leaking, running down the heat shield and dripping on the alternator.

okay... my alternator just died also... after fixing up the pS.. it leaked into the alternator.. how horrible why i wouldnt check... now i need new ones, any1 have a good source gettin cheap alternators? i checked with pep boy, autozone, advance autoparst... they all cost over 220$... and i heard that battery have to be fully charge or a new one is needed.. why is that?