Master Key Lost

RX300MS

Greetings,

I just lost the only master key we had and am using a non-master key now. I am wondering how much it would cost to get a copy of master key from either a lexus dealer or some other places? Any directions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cheers.

If you lost the last key with the remote in it you are screwed. When I bought my RX the dealer only got 1 key with remote when they took the car in on trade, not a Lexus dealer. I made sure that the dealer bought me another remote key. The catch was though I had to take the car to the Lexus dealer with proof of ownership before I could order a new key. The Lexus dealer told me that it is a good idea to always make sure that if you loose one of the remote keys to get a new one as you would have to replace the computer if you loose both remotes. It seems that you need one to get into the computer to program the other one. I hope you find the key.

Jeff

Greetings,

I just lost the only master key we had and am using a non-master key now. I am wondering how much it would cost to get a copy of master key from either a lexus dealer or some other places? Any directions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cheers.

Sorry to hear that!

When I contacted my local Lexus dealer he quoted me roughly $300 for the labor and the key. They have to program it, and so on! I'm not sure that you can get a replacement that is not OEM. Anyone know?

Greetings,

Thanks,

Cheers.

Sorry to hear that!

When I contacted my local Lexus dealer he quoted me roughly $300 for the labor and the key. They have to program it, and so on! I'm not sure that you can get a replacement that is not OEM. Anyone know?

they always need atleast one master key to program any new key. Without it the chip in the steering wheel has to be replaced.You may be able to get a hardship fron "Lexus". Where they will warranty a replacement and a key. Good Luck

The best way to get keys is online from www.lexus-parts.com. They take all your proof of ownership info and send the keys cut and programmed for remote. All you have to do is program the key for start which is easy using the master key you've got. I think they have the master remotes for $175.

You can also purchase a "master key" that isn't a remote key if you don't want to spend that much for another key. They don't ship the cars with these keys but its just like the valet key only black not grey. They can also use non-remote master keys to program new remote master keys if yours is ever lost. I think Lexus-Parts have these for $50. Thats what I did, bought a non-remote master and put it in my safe deposit box at the bank.

Replacing the ECU is like $4000 so you don't wanna screw around there.

• 2 weeks later...

All, I got the master keys made from the lexus dealer. Thank God, that this is the first time, so all mighty lexus company paid for the computer, I just paid for the keys and labor.

But the new question comes out, the service man said my door actuator is bad and he could not program the remote. And the cost to fix one is 540. I can open/close all doors from inside with the button on the door. I am just wondering that is there any way for me to make sure the actuator is dead?

Thanks,