Rx330 Increased Engine Noise

OKEH1

I recently took my RX330 in for 25000 mile service, I also told the dealer about a noise emmanating from the engine on cold start which sounded like lack of oil to the rockers which dissapeared after driving the car for around 1 - 2 miles.

The service was carried out and the startup sound seems to have gone, but now I can hear the rockers more prominantlly all the time now, here is my questions.

Have any other owners experienced thiis increase in engine noise?, can te valves be set to make them quieter?, or is this just something that happens to the Lexus engine over time (my car war origianlly registered MAY 2003)

I am going to take my RX back today for them to take a look and see what can be done., at the momentt I feel the car does not have that nice low noise cabin I had experienced when first purchased.

Any comments from servicing personnel ?.

Thanks

No Lexus engine has ever had rocker arms. Faint ticking/clicking type noises from the ES330/RX330 3MZ-FE V6 are caused by the fuel injectors and the noise is normal. Some Toyota Highlander and Camry owners with the 3MZ-FE V6 have also been noticing this noise.

I recently took my RX330 in for 25000 mile service, I also told the dealer about a noise emmanating from the engine on cold start which sounded like lack of oil to the rockers which dissapeared after driving the car for around 1 - 2 miles.

The service was carried out and the startup sound seems to have gone, but now I can hear the rockers more prominantlly all the time now, here is my questions.

Have any other owners experienced thiis increase in engine noise?, can te valves be set to make them quieter?, or is this just something that happens to the Lexus engine over time (my car war origianlly registered MAY 2003)

I am going to take my RX back today for them to take a look and see what can be done., at the momentt I feel the car does not  have that nice low noise cabin I had experienced when first purchased.

Any comments from servicing personnel ?.

Thanks

Ok, just back from the dealer, I took the mechanic for a spin, he assured me the noise is from the fuel injectors, apparantly , Lexus are aware of a problem on some RX engines, which have excessive noisy injectors, and mine is one, there isnt a service bulletin at the moment, mainly due to them not being able to fully diagnose the problem, so I will keep taking it back until they replace the noisy ones.

My loaner is the same model and is very smooth and quiet, a definate diffence to my RX which feels much rougher on acceleration along with the noise..

There was another problem after the service, there had been vibration from the dashboard, so the problem was sorted in accordance with a service bulletin, but it now appears they incorrectly replaced the dash top anfd it now rubs on the windscreen causing pretty annying groan over rough roads.

I dont think I should have had these problems with a #35000 + car and not what I had been led to believe was the norm for Lexus, maybe mine is heading for Lemon staus.

Watch this space. ;)

the valves lifters still can be adjusted for lash by having shims installed .

Yes, but we are talking about a new or near new Lexus motor that will not need a valve clearance check for many years or 100,000+ miles. So any dealership or independent mechanic who says a near new Lexus needs a valve adjustment is either incompetent or a crook.