Waxing Your Car

You bought a porter cable? Cool! What kinda pads did you get with it? Also what kind of polish do you have to use with it? I just bought a set pf polishes from Poorboys that did a great job with the PC on my car when I did it a couple weeks ago.

not sure, not sure, none that i know of.

i didnt buy it, its my dads, he has had it for years. uses it on the old charger since the repaint. i may be able to steal it. :D

mine is just a noname. i think it turns at like 500 RPMS max or something liek that. not sure. but it did the job on the hood. you cant see those ones at all.

the stragest thing is, the winsheild washer fluid etched the paint. though the water spots themselves are gone, you can still see the "imprint" they left behind.

sorry for getting off subject and thanks for answering my many ?'s sw03es.

No problem at all, like silver noticed I enjoy giving my opinion ;)

Yeah you'll want to use the PC. You should pick up some new pads for it like these: http://www.properautocare.com/hi612infopaa.html

You'll want two cutting pads and a polishing pad. You can do the final waxing by hand or with your little buffer.

You'll also want to look at Poorboys line of SSR polishes, you'll need SSR2.5 and maybe SSR3 depending on how bad your swirls are in reality. Your NXT applied at high speed with the PC and a polishing pad will work as a high grade polish to remove any marring. Work the 2.5 in according to the instructions posted here at the site. www.poorboysworld.com

You know what, I'll send you a little of my SSR polish if you want. I can send you enough to do your whole car probably and it would save you having to buy some. Shoot me a PM with your address if you want some ;)

No problem at all, like silver noticed I enjoy giving my opinion ;)

Yeah you'll want to use the PC. You should pick up some new pads for it like these: http://www.properautocare.com/hi612infopaa.html

You'll want two cutting pads and a polishing pad. You can do the final waxing by hand or with your little buffer.

You'll also want to look at Poorboys line of SSR polishes, you'll need SSR2.5 and maybe SSR3 depending on how bad your swirls are in reality. Your NXT applied at high speed with the PC and a polishing pad will work as a high grade polish to remove any marring. Work the 2.5 in according to the instructions posted here at the site. www.poorboysworld.com

You know what, I'll send you a little of my SSR polish if you want. I can send you enough to do your whole car probably and it would save you having to buy some. Shoot me a PM with your address if you want some ;)

you have a PM. thanks alot! the swilrs arent that bad in reality. thephoto exaggerates them quite a bit.

if i take a coat of NXT and then a coat of gold class, they all but dissappear for about a week. if i give 3 coats of NXT and 1 coat of gold class, they dissapear for a month or so.

oh and uh...FYI, the buffer i have is a WEN 7" buffer/sander/polisher.

my dads P/C broke yesterday night, on the final buffing of the charger for the season...sucks too, i was just getting ready to hit my car with it. but if that stuff can be applied via anothe rbuffer, feel free to send it.

Doesn't the Gold Class have a cleaning agent?  It may be sorta defeating the purpose  of layering.  Maybe some High Tech Yellow on top?

whoops, sorry, the other way around,i use the gold class and the 3 coats of NXT...where has my head been lately :blink:

Yeah the Gold Class has a lot of cleaners, so does the NXT though. So probably the NXT removed the Gold Class.

You might be able to use the WEN polisher, is it orbital?

yes. one direction.

2 speeds. but i need a pad. can i buy them at wal-mart?

im getting my dad a new P/C withthe help of my mom's money (going half and half from both of us) what series do you reccomend?

also, the WEN needs a pad that slips over, like the bonnet style. are there any applicator pads in that style?

EDIT: heres pix of my WEN.

DCP02214.sized.jpg

DCP02213.sized.jpg

Like I told you in PM I definately would be careful with that. Thats a rotary and not an orbital so its possible to introduce serious swirling and even burn through the paint.

As for pads I'm not sure if you can buy them locally or not. You can get good pads online at www.properautocare.com

As for the PC, all the PC polishers are the same, the difference lies in the counterweight and whatever they come with.

Like I told you in PM I definately would be careful with that. Thats a rotary and not an orbital so its possible to introduce serious swirling and even burn through the paint.

As for pads I'm not sure if you can buy them locally or not. You can get good pads online at www.properautocare.com

As for the PC, all the PC polishers are the same, the difference lies in the counterweight and whatever they come with.

thansk for the tip. i have been using it for awhile. im very careful.

cool. the one that broke on my dad is OLD, probably as old as i am. i dnt htink he wants to fix it. just to by another one. where can i pick one up? Home deopt?

I don't think they have them at Home Depot, but they do have them at Lowes. Then you'll want to get some pads which you'll probably have to buy online and he'll be all set.

As for the rotary you can use the products I'm going to send you with it for sure, but you need some new pads for it. You can get them at www.properautocare.com same pads you would have bought for the PC.

Doesn't the Gold Class have a cleaning agent?  It may be sorta defeating the purpose  of layering.  Maybe some High Tech Yellow on top?

whoops, sorry, the other way around,i use the gold class and the 3 coats of NXT...where has my head been lately :blink:

I see. The Gold Class really shines, but it does need something to seal it. I need to try the NXT.

I don't think they have them at Home Depot, but they do have them at Lowes. Then you'll want to get some pads which you'll probably have to buy online and he'll be all set.

As for the rotary you can use the products I'm going to send you with it for sure, but you need some new pads for it. You can get them at www.properautocare.com same pads you would have bought for the PC.

ok, i look forward to receiveing the "stuff"

what can i expect to pay for a P/C? around $150?

I think Lowes has it for $99, I'd say $150 fully equipped with pads and backing plate.

that is actually NOT bad. very reasonable, considering he will not need another one for 10 years...

hmmm, i may be stopping at lowes with my homie LOL (comin' in from anchorage thursday).

thanks for the tips. ill be lookig into this further. any idea whichpads i should get? i see there is a choice.

The difference between the sander model and the polisher model is small though, you just have to order a backing plate with your pads which you might have to do anyway depending on what kind of pads you buy.

the sander has the safety plate though, built into it.....i guess u could take it off and get it to work the same as the 7424

but ordering the one from coastal too, u get a couple different counter weights, one pad, and the hook and loop backing pad

you can also get the carrying case like i did for $20 extra to keep it all in.

either which way you get it, its unbeleiveable the way you can make your cars paint look with one of those things.....i love it, don't know why i didn't get it sooner, although i've had it for some time.

and once you get good at it and get the feel of her, its really unbeleiveable the things you can do with it.....ive taken out even 2000 grit wet sand marks with that thing.

not a scratch, swirl, or cobweb on my paint now, its beautiful