Need Outside Trim Panel

GoldCountry

Hi all,

I'm looking for a replacement trim piece for my 1997 ES300. The part that goes between the outside front and rear doors. It's black. See photo attached.

It kept coming off, even shortly after we bought the car!! It's now lost to the celestrials. My poor Lexus looks like she has a big pimple on her cheek! :o

Yes, it was raining when I took this photo. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

post-13938-1100168187_thumb.jpg

either a dealership or a junkyard.

Check out the yellowpages on the other topic, n search for a junkyard, n perhaps visit them. Not a mechanic, but the sad last burial site for cars right before they go to the celestrials and get picked to bits down to the final frame.

Wow! That seems like a great price! It looks like it's actually less then what you stated . . . It's showing that I can get it at $39.61

BUT . . . can I ask a VERY stupid question? (what do you expect from a girly-girl in an auto forum?) . . . .Uh, would that be the right side or the left side? The website gives you a choice of left of right. I have no clue! It depends on where I'm at! :chairshot:

BUT . . . can I ask a VERY stupid question? (what do you expect from a girly-girl in an auto forum?) . . . .Uh, would that be the right side or the left side? The website gives you a choice of left of right. I have no clue! It depends on where I'm at! :chairshot:

:blink::blink::blink:

:lol:

seriously though, the only styupid question is the one you dont ask (ask that question on some other auto forums and you might not like the response tho, none of the lexus/toyota ones though, so dont even worry about it :) )

however, that said, im glad you asked that, because i would have felt bad if you hadnt said anything, then ordered the wrong side. :unsure:

Too Funny! LOL :D

I must have been having a sugar-low or some PMS thing, because after I posted that question, I had to go get in the car to go on an errand. When I sat in the car, it was as if someone hit me with a chair! :chairshot:

I couldn't believe I actually had to ask that question!! It is obviously the left side! . . . D'Oh! :blushing:

Anyway, I know what you mean about how forums can really hang you when you act real dense on an issue. NOT a good thing to happen to someone.

Thank you for taking the high road on that one.

Hey think of it this way, we all have to learn something at one point. Like what everyone stated, it's better to have you state something than not know it at all and make a mistake.

In my opinion... no one here will crucify you if you ask a question. They may not like a question that might have been discussed over and over. The worse anyone will tell you is to go look it up using the searching tools.

But take it from me, i don't know much about fixing a car. But just being here since Aug of this year, i've learned substantially and i'm starting to DIY. These guys here are great. They will try to answer your questions the best they can. They've yet to hit me like this :chairshot: ... they only seem to do this to me :cheers: and it makes me feel like they are B) so don't feel :blushing: .

Good luck on ur fixes. Share the info if you know anything too... n who knows... we might b the one whose :blushing: about a question.

Too Funny! LOL  :D

I must have been having a sugar-low or some PMS thing, because after I posted that question, I had to go get in the car to go on an errand. When I sat in the car, it was as if someone hit me with a chair! :chairshot:

I couldn't believe I actually had to ask that question!! It is obviously the left side! . . . D'Oh!  :blushing:

Anyway, I know what you mean about how forums can really hang you when you act real dense on an issue. NOT a good thing to happen to someone.

Thank you for taking the high road on that one.

i take the high road on things because i give people the benefit of the doubt, i knew you knew it was the left side. we all have brain farts, dont worry about it. it really does suck when you ask a simple questiuon on a car forum and people either

A. leave you high and dry cause they dont want to answer a "dumb"question.

or B. they Flame you because you asked.

im a mechanic, i know the only way to learn these things is to ask, then do, no book can teach you how to be a mechanic...trust me. i rebuilt my first engine when i was 12.

ill share a not very well known (or at least followed) secret in the automotive mechanics feild, if you dont know exactly what you are doing, or you have any doubts, dont even pick up a wrench.

in short, dont be embarrased to ask, its better than not knowing, and the beauty of asking a question like that, is you will only have to ask once. never again will you "forget" which side of your car is the left. i gauruntee it. :D

LOL

now, do you have any mechaincal questions about your engine, care to be educated on how one works? i can explain it to you. PM me. :whistles:

:)