'97 Engine Psi Max?

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if any of you guys knew how much psi a 97 engine could take? I don't have enough money to buy a supercharger now, but next year i just might! And it always helps to do your homework early. Also, i want to start researching what Supercharger would be good in my car, any links to any good/cost efficient ones??? :) All the TRD supers appear to be made for Toyota Tucks and SUV's... im confused :blink: and i am thinking supercharger over turbo, as turbo takes up more room, and needs more work to maintain.

Thanks

ProZac

Yea,

but on the trd website, it doesn't mention a sc for the camery... And, how much gas did u guzzel and on what car steviej? And could you still drive conservate and get semi good gas mileage?

ProZac

get real Prozac, if you got a supercharger (or a turbo) you tend not to drive conservatively. My feeling was, if you got it, PUNCH IT.

It was stock on a 93 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi. 3.8L V6. Real sweet, real fast for its weight. On average I was getting like 18-20 mpg. I was always flooring it. on a straight highway run, I could get close to 25 mpg.

But in the long run, it is more stress on the motor, it is more stuff to potentially break down (especially aftermarket).

However, I do love the thrust of an sc.

steviej

:D HEHEHE

Yea. me ever drive conservative??? :pirate: I love how fast my car is... BUT if it just had a bit more Uumph! i would be happier. I plan on having this car for 5 more years + or less, depends on if get into and outt of grad school in the next 3 years. I really want to get a body mod, like on auto-couture. BUT i want to be able to back that look with the performance, thats why i think performance first. But that will still be a year away at least as i need to save $$$. And its my car which i pay for, BUT if i do any mods my parents won't pay for insureance any more :chairshot: (they pay for that)... So this may just be a dream for now... but heck. if camery can have one, why not an es300 :)

ProZac

Oh yea. anyone still know the max psi? or the 'safe' psi/boost this engines can run?

not completely sure .. but id keep the max under 12....

between 5-7 is usually street safe.... and not harmfull to the engine.... although with any supercharger or turbo... itl definetely take a toll on your engine and tranny gears big time....

i think the best time to do something like that .. is after 100000 miles....

Neil

• 3 weeks later...

A TRD Super Charger for the Solara will work with a 97-01 ES300. It will require some modifications though. The bigest problem is the clearance in the engine bay. You will not be able to close your hood once it is installed. You would have to put a small "power bulge" in the hood to allow it to close. If someone has the guts and the dollars...they can be the first to have an ES pushing close to 300 bhp.

i been thinking more and more about superchargers so if anyone sees someone that sells them for a 95 es 300 let me know because i would put it on in a heart beat.im looking all over for a good one so i would like to see whats around.i dont care about the money i just want it to be right and of course fast.lol