Rethinking Potential NX450h+ Purchase

If we had a local service center, we would probably already have the NX450+ in our driveway.

The nearest Lexus dealer is 100 miles away but I travel that way about 2x/month. Then I started reading here. Parasitic draining of the 12v. Keep your fob in the house far away from your car. Get a trickle charger. Never use ACC. Replace the battery immediately.

Then the run-flat tires are supposed to be terrible and also need replacing earlier than stated.

Loved the this car esp the ride. But this seems a bit ridiculous to pay $6x,000 for a car that needs this kind of babying.

Called local Toyota dealership and they will happily change oil, basic maintenance under warranty but will not honor free Lexus dealership service. (Not even sure we would want Toyota working on new Lexus?)

Would you buy this car with the nearest service center 100 miles away one-way? Thx for all of your thoughts.

You must be in a very rural area to be that far away from a Lexus dealership. There are at least 4 within a 30-mile radius of where I live in CA.

But I can certainly understand your concern. One of the advantages of taking your vehicle to a Lexus dealership is the free rental vehicle loaner after the warranty expires. We've taken our Lexus to the local Toyota dealership after the warranty expired, mostly because the service is less expensive.

There should not be parasitic draining of the 12V battery, not having to not use the AC, nor having to replace the battery often.
My experience with runflat tires from years ago is that they were a bit harsh compared to non-runflat tires. I have two vehicles with no spares (Our RX does have a spare tire.), but each has a tire fix kit and mini-compressor. Over the past 12 years, I've never had to use either.
 I would talk to a service advisor at more than one Lexus dealership about his or her experience with the issues you mentioned. I find it hard to believe that this is very common.

Coastal rural, normally quite nice but no Lexus dealer. 

Thanks for your your response and ideas. I think I'll make an offer and add that they have to show me how to jump the car myself. 

Hope to revise this soon. 

• Like 1

Also consider, that most writing to forums such as this, do so when having problems.

When a car is driving like expected, or even as hoped it would, that will be taken as positive, but rarely written about.

2017 CT close to 100 K Km - no problems - only service.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2024 at 1:06 PM, LexWannaBe said:

Coastal rural, normally quite nice but no Lexus dealer. 

Thanks for your your response and ideas. I think I'll make an offer and add that they have to show me how to jump the car myself. 

Hope to revise this soon. 

When our battery is getting weak, an illuminated notice appears on the dash, indicating that we must shift into park before shutting off the vehicle (or something to that effect). When I see that, I replace the battery. I've never had to jump it, but I believe the procedure for doing so is in the manual.