Shifter interlock 2023 NX350

Hi,  Just bought a '23 NX350 and the shifting into Reverse or Drive has me wondering if I made a wise purchase, does anyone know why one has to step on the

brakes so hard to shift into R or D or is there an option on the infotainment display to lessen the brake pressure to release the shifter interlock?

Thanks much for any info on this "issue"

Sounds like might be a brake light switch that needs adjusting.  Do you brake lights also wait until you press hard to come on?

• Like 1

The brake lights work with light pressure, it's the excessive brake pressure in my opinion, perhaps others may not see it as being excessive but I'm used to the old mechanical linkage shifters and not the computerized shift by wire in the new NX350, perhaps it's normal but annoying non the less.

It seems like you’re not alone in your experience with the 2023 NX350. Other users have also reported having to apply a lot of brake pressure to shift into Reverse or Drive. This could be a safety feature designed to ensure the vehicle is fully stopped before changing gears, but it can feel unusual if you’re not used to it.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t find any specific information about an option on the infotainment display to adjust the brake pressure needed to release the shifter interlock. It might be a good idea to consult the vehicle’s manual or contact Lexus customer service for more detailed information.

Remember, it’s always important to feel comfortable and confident while driving. If this feature continues to bother you, it might be worth discussing it with your dealer to see if there are any possible solutions or adjustments that can be made. Safe driving! 😊

Thanks for that, I spoke to a Lexus service dept. and he stated that it's normal to firmly depress the brakes to shift into a drive mode, really annoying but I'll have to get use to it.

The pre fly by wire system is so much better and user friendly. 

I have a 2024 NX350H and I haven't noticed undue pressure needed.  It does have to be pressed a fair bit -- probably much more than what it takes for the brake lights.
Have you done a distance measure of the brake pedal to see the difference between brake lights and shifting?
I'll have to check mine.