Just purchased 24 Lexus 250h Fsport

cindyropp

Wondering if anyone out there has purchased the 2024.  Some of the issues I have might be the same as 23.  First of all, if you are under 5'5" don't buy this car.  I can see over dash, but not one inch of the hood.  I can move past that.  I love the car, but some interface issues with android.  When I am in Sirius XM, no way to scroll through channels except manually on screen (which means you are not looking at the road)  You can use arrows on bottom right of steering wheel to scroll through pandora but haven't figured it out with XM.  Also, appears that HEY GOOGLE does not work if phone is plugged into charge.  I have case that won't allow it to charge on pad.   Same problem as my Kia Niro ex, when it rains, your camera gets water all over it and can't see half of screen.   I am going to put some rain x and see if that helps.  Lastly  cupholders.  The front one, you have to scrape the button for heat/air to get a large cup in the holder.....too close!  Otherwise   drive great.  Not as fast as I thought it would be.  Handled good in rain. Love the options on the display for driver.

OOH and was shocked that it does not beep at you (like my Kia) if you put your signal on and someone is in your blind spot.  They said they made it that way to get you to look in your mirror.  BLIND SPOT   Dealer said I was getting smoking hot deal for a veteran but, when I did the BUILD your own, I got better price than what dealer had and had to take what they had because  "they are hot and flying off the lot"   the guys I dealt with were great though and delivered car 6 hours away.

Anyways, just giving feedback   would love to hear your experience

Thanks for your review, Cindy, and congrats! So even though the seat is in its uppermost position, you still feel as if it is not high enough? That's a bit odd.
I could understand if you were 4'10", but not 5'5".

Do you have a list of standard settings for all the sensors, etc?
Our Lexys came with a very long list of settings. We got to choose which setting we wanted and the dealership offered to change some to our preferences within a certain time frame. If you were not given such a list, you might want to check with the dealership about that.
My Mazda has a setting that toggles on or off the beeping noise for blindspot warnings. Lexus may be able to do the same.

16 hours ago, cindyropp said:

Wondering if anyone out there has purchased the 2024.  Some of the issues I have might be the same as 23.  First of all, if you are under 5'5" don't buy this car.  I can see over dash, but not one inch of the hood.  I can move past that.  I love the car, but some interface issues with android.  When I am in Sirius XM, no way to scroll through channels except manually on screen (which means you are not looking at the road)  You can use arrows on bottom right of steering wheel to scroll through pandora but haven't figured it out with XM.  Also, appears that HEY GOOGLE does not work if phone is plugged into charge.  I have case that won't allow it to charge on pad.   Same problem as my Kia Niro ex, when it rains, your camera gets water all over it and can't see half of screen.   I am going to put some rain x and see if that helps.  Lastly  cupholders.  The front one, you have to scrape the button for heat/air to get a large cup in the holder.....too close!  Otherwise   drive great.  Not as fast as I thought it would be.  Handled good in rain. Love the options on the display for driver.

OOH and was shocked that it does not beep at you (like my Kia) if you put your signal on and someone is in your blind spot.  They said they made it that way to get you to look in your mirror.  BLIND SPOT   Dealer said I was getting smoking hot deal for a veteran but, when I did the BUILD your own, I got better price than what dealer had and had to take what they had because  "they are hot and flying off the lot"   the guys I dealt with were great though and delivered car 6 hours away.

Anyways, just giving feedback   would love to hear your experience

I believe Dave is telling you something very correct. Seat in highest position should be able to be high enough to see out.

That infotainment in Lexus is not superb is something that has been written a lot about. That Google also has issues with their not always functioning "talk to me" system, is something that has made me completely forget to use it.

Am lucky to have a phone that does not need to be charged while driving as having cables all over while driving I do not like. Only use Line-In when parked if I want to listen to very high resolution audio that cannot be transmitted via Bluetooth.

The little one we have is beeping too much, but getting used to it. When changing lane, when a speed camera is near and a lot of times when I do not know why.

Sales personnel usually want to sell what is in stock. Do not blame them for that. They are working to have a living.

Sometimes we work so hard to have a good life that we forget to live.

BY THE WAY     I AM ONLY 5 FEET 1 INCHES.  NO IDEA HOW YOU GOT THAT I AM 5'5"   I SAID NOT SUITED FOR UNDER 5'5"

Edited by cindyropp

When you state "not suited for under 5'5", I assumed that you know this because you are 5'4" or so. (I mistakenly stated 5'5".) Otherwise, how would you know if a 5'4" were too short? 😉

• 7 months later...

I have a similar model and the drivers seat height adjustment could be a little higher. It's not a problem for me, but my wife needs more height.  One of the reviews I read did state that the riding position is lower. 

I would like a beep too if to put the turn signal on and there is someone in the blind-spot.

On another subject. is there any way to lock-in a screen on the navigation, so when you turn it back on you get the same screen?  Mine always goes back to a zoomed out flat default screen.