Detail Differences Of The 98 Model Year

SRK

I found a nice 98 LS400, my favourite colour metallic green, with a tan interior. Does the 98 have the VVTi engiine? Any changes from the 97 - because I found one of them too, in a less desirable colour. Both cars are located some distance away, so I haven't see them up close yet.

Any pointers you can offer on what to look for would be appreciated.

What the 98 has that the 97 doesn't:

-VVT-i

-Wooden steering wheel(optional...std in 99)

-Optional hid's(std. in 99)

-5 speed tranny

-text read out in gauge cluster for various warnings and trip computer functions

-head rest for middle, rear seat

-stunning front profile

-the rear tail lamps were stretched a hair as well as adding different reflective material inside

-the center stack was revised(they moved the outside temp and time below the ac vents)

-All in one key(compared to the seperate key and remote that the 95-7 has)

-VSC

Thanks everyone - it sounds like the car to go for. I will let you know what happens. Is the timing belt change interval similar to the early engines?

Thanks everyone - it sounds like the car to go for.  I will let you know what happens.  Is the timing belt change interval similar to the early engines?

It's every 90K............

98LS......you are correct!!!

Most excellent SRK.................. :cheers:

So this car has 108k kilometres on it, which is about 67k miles, and is OK then. However I have heard that time is also a factor in the belt interval, and seven years seems to be the number. Maybe it needs a belt soon anyways?

Thanks again.

So this car has 108k kilometres on it, which is about 67k miles, and is OK then.  However I have heard that time is also a factor in the belt interval, and seven years seems to be the number.  Maybe it needs a belt soon anyways?

Thanks again.

You could just take the timing belt covers off and inspect the timing belt before replacing anything.