Rarely drive my 2010 RX350. What kind of Gas stabilizer?

Gas stabilizers are typically used when your vehicle will not be driven for extended periods of time (3 months or more).

This car does sit in the garage without being driven with a full tank of premium but I was told that the gas now days can go bad and cause problems with the engine if not driven several months at a time. Hopefully someone will be able to unravel this. Thank you!

Thank you everyone for the responses. I have located gas stations that don't use Ethanol and I will do that from now on.  If I didn't like this vehicle so much, I would have bought a new model... This is the longest I've ever owned a car and I've had several Lexus models.  Maybe it's just my age...

Thanks for all the input. It was very much appreciated!

Edited by Ginnie
To thank those who gave suggestions

Use motor Purr gas treatment, or Mechanic in a Bottle. the mech in a bottle has worked very well for me. My GSXR sometimes sits for a month or 2 and it's GUARANTEED, to plug up the idle jets  every time. In the past, I've always had to take apart carbs to clean them out. I tried this *BLEEP* in the gas for like 10  minutes and it cleared it up 100%. Ran like a fresh rebuild on the carbs. I had a buddy try it out on his F.I. bike and he also noticed a difference. i highly recommend it, if you're gonna add something.

• Like 1

You may want to buy ethanol free gas, aka pure gas or real gas.  Download the “pure gas” app to find a station near you that sells ethanol free gas, which is more stable and has less water content than the gas u find at most stations that have up to 15% ethanol.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ginnie said:

This car does sit in the garage without being driven with a full tank of premium but I was told that the gas now days can go bad and cause problems with the engine if not driven several months at a time. Hopefully someone will be able to unravel this. Thank you!

Thank you everyone for the responses. I have located gas stations that don't use Ethanol and I will do that from now on.  If I didn't like this vehicle so much, I would have bought a new model... This is the longest I've ever owned a car and I've had several Lexus models.  Maybe it's just my age...

Thanks for all the input. It was very much appreciated!

We've had our RX400h for over 18 years, so I understand your being attached to it. The longest I've owned any vehicle was almost 22 years. I bought a used 1968 Corvette convertible when I was 21 and didn't sell it until I was 43.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/5/2023 at 11:09 AM, RX400h said:

We've had our RX400h for over 18 years, so I understand your being attached to it. The longest I've owned any vehicle was almost 22 years. I bought a used 1968 Corvette convertible when I was 21 and didn't sell it until I was 43.

I bought my '66 Chevy II back in '89 and I still have it......