Power Locks

I have recently purchased a 92 SC400 with power doors but for some reason when I hit the lock button on the door I can only unlock the doors nothing happens when I try to lock them also my keyless remote does not work. I've checked to make sure the switch is on and the fuses are good but I just can't figure this out does anyone have any thoughts on this?

I have recently purchased a 92 SC400 with power doors but for some reason when I hit the lock button on the door I can only unlock the doors nothing happens when I try to lock them also my keyless remote does not work. I've checked to make sure the switch is on and the fuses are good but I just can't figure this out does anyone have any thoughts on this?

is it making any noise? it may be reading like a door or trunk is ajar and not allowing to lock

Off topic? I'm not sure how the SC's hook up in the doors but on my Talon I could have half a unit plugged in to the Elec. socket in the door and only one side would work. And by the way I went down to the dealership to see if I could get a remote entry key because I was never given one when I bought the car, it has to be programmed along with $300!, so don't lose the remote. :)

is it making any noise? it may be reading like a door or trunk is ajar and not allowing to lock

when I hit the lock button it makes no sound on the unlock side it makes the normal clicking sound

Since your SC is so old, I would bet the problem is in the drivers door contacts. While I have an old 94 LS, I think the problem is similar. Every 6 months or so, I have to take the drivers door control console out, and spray the copper contacts with electrical cleaner spray. I do it when the the windows start to be hard to open, and the electric door lock gets harder and harder to work. Basically, the copper contacts build up a black corrosion. I live now in Vegas, where there is very little humidity or other corrosive atmosphere, yet the contacts still wear down. Removing the console is easy-good luck.

I opend up the driver side door to clean the contacts and make sure all wires were connected In doing so I think my problem has something to do with the alarm if I disconnect the 3 wire plug that goes from the outside door handle to the alarm then the door locks work but I set off the alarm if I open the car even if I put the key in the door any alarm experts out there?