How To Make Wood Panels Shine Like New

Are your wooden panels fading or have water spots in them? All you need is some bug and tar remover and rub rub rub away until it shines. It worked wonders for me. To give it an even nicer touch you can use a plastic car wax to give it an even more amazing glimmer. I am still researching some detailing and easy fix tips so you'll see me post often. :)

Are your wooden panels fading or have water spots in them? All you need is some bug and tar remover and rub rub rub away until it shines. It worked wonders for me. To give it an even nicer touch you can use a plastic car wax to give it an even more amazing glimmer.  I am still researching some detailing and easy fix tips so you'll see me post often. :)

~One man’s opinion / observations~

Bug & Tar Removers mostly formulated from solvents, which may be a little harsh for a ‘plastic’ type covering. The wood trim in most vehicles it’s protected with a urethane clear coat, polyurethane or a multi-layered thin lacquer, which is very easily scratched. Remove scratches with a fine polish (Groit's Fine Hand Polish) and then wipe with a damp 100% cotton towel.

Maintenance- use an anti-static plastic cleaner protectant (BTI Chemicals Plexus@ Glass Polish & Cleaner)

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted [each one / teach one]

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ JonM