Cleaned Maf And Did Brake Flush

sunman

I cleaned my MAF unit. Very easy. Lots of info on the web about this. Get a can of brake clean or Contact cleaner and spray it on the inner part of the maf after removing it. Also did a complete brake system flush and replaced with toyota brake fluid. Fluid was a bit dark. Brake fluid is hydroscopic and absorbs water so I would suggest this to any one who has not done it

just make sure the throttle body cleaner (or carb cleaner) says:

"SAFE FOR O2 SENSORS" on the side of the can.

I do a complete brake fluid flush every 30k. Tranny, coolant and brake fluid at the same time. They all kinda go hand in hand for me. Why? I haven't any idea, I just do it that way. It's easy for me to remember.

steviej

I wouldn;t use brake cleaner as it is a thin resistor filament in their to measure temps. Using a brake clean or anything else in high pressure that comes out COLD is looking for trouble by making it brittle and easy to snap.

A little bit of throttle body cleaner left to soak for a minute is all you need.

I did some research on the web before I attempted this and lots of people use brake clean from CRC. BG Products even makes a cleaner that is for electrical contacts and brake parts in 1 can. The brake clean I used does not leave any residue and it evaporates very fast. Did a very good job cleaning the MAF and I definitly saw an improvement in the acceleration of the car. It was never cleaned before and the car has 117,000 miles on it!