Joining The Club/pulled The Trigger

jvcn

Finally did it. I'd like to thank you all for advice.

Took a chance on Ebay. Got a 95 LS 400 with 95000 miles for a bit under $9000. The guy had recent receipts showing extensive maintenance at about 92k with new tires, timing belt, power steering pump, seals, oil and air filters, starter, etc. Nearly $5000 worth of work. Lots and lots of closeup pics of the paint and interior to convince me it was in good condition. Working air suspension and Nakamichi audio. Clean Autocheck. And above all, I felt the guy was honest and had credible reasons for having to sell so soon after his maintenance repairs.

Perhaps I'm in for a big surprise when the car arrives in a week (having it shipped) but compared to local prices, I figured I have room to spend a little on a few more repairs and still come out ahead. [self delusion?]

I'm both nervous and excited at joining the club. I plan to have a mechanic look it over to tell me any bad news after arrival.

I'm looking forward to detailing the exterior [i follow Autopia and Detail City]

Any words of advice? :unsure:

congrats on the new car.... :)

let us know how it turns out........

if there are any problems that need to be addressed, most often we can help you right here in the club, as we have a lot of very mechanically inclined members, that are always willing to help out a fellow LS owner, so don't be afraid to ask any questions you might have

:cheers:

it seems that u have done your 'home-works' well and seller was very responsive, then your chance getting a good one is rather good!

I bought 3 lex from ebay (94LS4, 96SC4, 97LS4) and they all were in pretty good shape when arrived despite the 94LS4 totaled in accident 7-month ago....

Congrats and welcome! :D Sounds like you got a pretty good deal!

The main trouble spots on these cars are suspension bushings(lca, uca, strut rod, et. all), dry rotten antenna mast, and stereo lcd's that look like hieroglyphics and then burn out. It looks like leaky ps pumps aren't too uncommon; mine went at 215k. Other than these cars are very, very trouble free! Well, mine is anyways...1995 LS400-238,1xx miles. I just do brakes and fluids, and my car is great(had her up to 125mph for a little while this weekend and still got 26 mpg on straight hwy mileage. They maybe old, but they certainly aren't fragile!)! B)

Enjoy the car...I know I'd be standing on my head waiting for it to come in! lol

Enjoy the car...I know I'd be standing on my head waiting for it to come in! lol

Yeah I am, but it's hard to read this forum upside down. :D

My wife says she'll be surprised if a working car even shows up (She doesn't trust the NET at all)

Thx guys. I'll let you know how I make out.