Yellow Road Paint - Help!

rushin2

Just got home and realized that i have some yellow darn road paint on the lower part of my sweet black SC!!! A couple of days ago I went through the construction road block and that darn yellow paint is all over the body below the doors and some on my baby's fenders! :cries:

Does it come off? and if so, what do I use? Has anyone dealt with this crappy situation before? HELP!!! :cries:

I hate that yellow polka-dot-decoration on my baby's black body!!! :censored:

well first see if some cleaner wax will take it off if it doesnt then use some 2000 grit sand paper and a sanding block and slowly try to sand only the paint once you hit black paint just use some rubbing compund to polish the sanded paint and its should be better than new!

as for tar you can try use WD40 or something of that nature like an oil to kind of rub out the tar. armorall sells a tar remover if the WD doesnt work but its almost the same thing

well first see if some cleaner wax will take it off if it doesnt then use some 2000 grit sand paper and a sanding block and slowly try to sand only the paint once you hit black paint just use some rubbing compund to polish the sanded paint and its should be better than new!

as for tar you can try use WD40 or something of that nature like an oil to kind of rub out the tar. armorall sells a tar remover if the WD doesnt work but its almost the same thing

I've heard that Clay Bars work really well for removing crap like that. I've never tried, nor seen it done. Just passing on the info. If anyone can confirm or nix the comment. Go for it.

I have had that yellow stuff splashed on to at least three cars including my previous LS. I was told that the yellow substance was adhesive used to hold down the tape stripes at intersections. I always put mudflaps on cars now to reduce this kind of damage but Lexus recently deleted mudflaps from their parts catalog in the U.S. - I got a set for my current Lexus from a Canadian dealer last year.

I have used tar remover and a cotton cloth to remove the yellow adhesive but it is very tedious work - I could pop some of the hardened droplets off with a fingernail. I never did get if off one car after the adhesive hardened and it looked especially bad since the car was dark blue. On the Missouri side of Kansas City, the highway department routinely reimburses drivers for road damage - particularly caused by potholes - if one can document when and where the damage occurred. Maybe your highway department would pay for the repair since you can document when and where the damage occurred. It doesn't hurt to ask.

And the comprehensive coverage of your insurance may pay for a professional repair if the highway department does not pay. If all else fails, contact a body shop or a detailing company and see what they say.

Good luck.

I've heard that Clay Bars work really well for removing crap like that. I've never tried, nor seen it done. Just passing on the info. If anyone can confirm or nix the comment. Go for it.

a claybar will work, but only if its not on in huge drops. try a rubbing compund, then about 5 coats of poishing compound, then about 3 coats of wax and polish. you will have to keep up with it afterwards cause the rubbing compund feels like wet sand. it will literally stip the clearcaot if you arent careful. but if used properly, it will work. i have used it on many cars, including my dad's mint 1968 Charger R/T. after a few good waxes and poishes, the swirls will disappear.

EDIT: you can also use a razor blade if they are concentrated in droplets, but be CAREFUL.