What To Use For Ics/snow?

Hey,

It's almost that time of year and I want to know what is recommended to scrape ics/snow from the windshield of my 1998 Lexus GS 400 (lexuses in general)? Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated. The vehicle is garaged at home but during the day it is in the open air in a lot at work. Thanks.

Go out and get a good quality ice scraper; make sure it fit nice and comfortable in your hand to prevent slippage which might cause damage to the paint or windshield gasket. I usually lift my wipers up if I know it is going to snow/ice for sure (too many damaged wipers because it stuck to the windshield

Hey,

It's almost that time of year and I want to know what is recommended to scrape ics/snow from the windshield of my 1998 Lexus GS 400 (lexuses in general)? Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated. The vehicle is garaged at home but during the day it is in the open air in a lot at work. Thanks.

Can you describe "nice" for me? I have used the spectrum on other cras but don't know what I should look for. The cheap plastic one I have currently concerns m. Thanks for the feedback.

One of the best ice-scraping tools is an old credit card. That's because it is very flexible, conforms to the exact curvature of the glass, and is small enough so that you can place it exactly where you want it. And it's free. Just don't be tempted to use one of your valid credit cards. Be aware that this technique works better if you're wearing gloves at the time.

What I meant by "nice" is that it have a strong handle and nicely fit in the palm of your hand! Also, try to get one that is not too big of the scrapping area (will take a little longer to scrap of the ice but won't require a lot of force) I am not sure if a credit card will be adequate to remove the kind of ice we have in the Northeast? By the way, try Rain-X on your windshield! It prevent the water from condensing on the windshield...

What I meant by "nice" is that it have a strong handle and nicely fit in the palm of your hand!  Also, try to get one that is not too big of the scrapping area (will take a little longer to scrap of the ice but won't require a lot of force)  I am not sure if a credit card will be adequate to remove the kind of ice we have in the  Northeast?  By the way,  try Rain-X on your windshield!  It prevent the water from condensing on the windshield...

I grew up in Massachusetts (Go Sox) and credit cards won't work on the ice that we get in Missouri (Ice storms are more frequent than snow). What should the scraper surface be made of? Plastic, metal( I saw a brass one once)? I use rain-x and love it.

Thanks for the assistance. I guess there is no simple answer to this.

Hey,

~One man’s opinion / observations~

Ice Scraper

Tough 10-inch acrylic ice and frost scraper with raised knuckles for additional ice cutting power and a curved handle for easy use. (http://automotive.aubuchonhardware.com)

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon

of course one of those remote starters are pretty good at removing ice. I had a really problem with ice and snow in college in Oswego, NY. I solved the problem by moving to Virginia Beach, but that isn't always an option. I scraped a little hole in the windshield ice with the other end of a snow brush.