Shocks

bartkat

I've found several items on aftermarket springs with stock shocks, but nothing on the other way around.

My IS300 has about 18,000 miles and handles ok but I think it needs just a little better damping. I don't want to lower the car, just to improve bouncing for a little better handling.

I've looked at Bilsteins and Tokico, and have some experience with Koni Sports on another car. I don't really want to spend the money on adjustables, since I'm not going all out or lowering the car. At present I'm leaning toward Tokico non adjustables, but I really don't know all the options.

Any recommendations or experience would be appreciated.

thanks

post-2-1054263840.jpg

I've found several items on aftermarket springs with stock shocks, but nothing on the other way around.

My IS300 has about 18,000 miles and handles ok but I think it needs just a little better damping. I don't want to lower the car, just to improve bouncing for a little better handling.

I've looked at Bilsteins and Tokico, and have some experience with Koni Sports on another car. I don't really want to spend the money on adjustables, since I'm not going all out or lowering the car. At present I'm leaning toward Tokico non adjustables, but I really don't know all the options.

Any recommendations or experience would be appreciated.

thanks

Check out the following links. Both would handel your needs. get it? :D

TOKICO

http://www.tokicogasshocks.com/car/performance.html

Bilstein

http://www.bilstein.com/products.html

Hope this helps you...

• 2 weeks later...

hmm

this is the first time i have ever heard of anyone doing it the other way around

kyb would be smooth, tockico might be what you are looking for

but is it a bound or rebound problem or lack of that is in question