water pump with new gasket

upper and lower radiator hoses

both belts

spark plugs

1 ignition coil

front engine mount

dog bone engine mount on top

oil change with filter change,

The biggest pain was to remove the cam shaft bolts but is doable with a 1/2" ratchet 17mm socket and a metal pipe for leverage.

The crank bolt can be removed easily. The local toyota mechanic told me to do this. Attached a 22mm socket on a 1/2 ratchet. Then make the ratchet rest on the drive shaft of the right wheel. Give the engine a quick crank and it loosens right up. THat bolt is torqued very very tight. Also use a bar puller to remove the pulley then.

The crank bolt can be removed easily.  The local toyota mechanic told me to do this. Attached a 22mm socket on a 1/2 ratchet.  Then make the ratchet rest on the drive shaft of the right wheel.  Give the engine a quick crank and it loosens right up.  THat bolt is torqued very very tight.  Also use a bar puller to remove the pulley then.

that's how my dad taught me, except we used a long socket wrench and let it rest on the ground. Works great.

can you give an estimate of the cost of what you did vs. what it would have cost at the dealer.

steviej

I think parts cost me about 250 dollars. I got all seals, belts, hoses, waterpump, etc... Also, I bought some new snap on tools that cost me 400 dollars on ebay. I have a invoice of work performed on my wife's 97es300 and the total was 2200 dollars from the dealer. The previous owner gave me the receipts which showed crank and cam seals, timing belt, and valve cover gaskets. That's all that was included for that 2200 dollars!!!!!