'05 Nav Software Update?

wbferrara

Thanks for the link

I was a bit surprised that my new RX 2004's nav system had maps for Rhode Island that appeared to be 5 or more years old. There are newer exits missing on the major highways, etc.

I wonder if they fixed this or if this would be considered a warrantee issue (6k miles on the vehicle so far)

Does anyone know if buying the new DVD upgrades the software so it looks like the much improved s/w that comes with the '05 RX's? I love the changes they made to the new model year's nav. I realize it wouldn't have voice recognition, but I wonder about the other things that were changed.

Mike

Yea, I was toying around with the 05 Nav yesterday and I like the what they did to the colors and pictures on the screen---Looks a little better to me than 04!

I wish someone would buy the updated Nav disc and see if it changes the display to look like the 05's---ANY TAKERS? You notice it says the database wil be Vers-1 (Not 3.2 or something)

I tried the voice rec and it seemed like a pain in the butt--didnt fully reconize everything I was saying---but Im sure you have to give it specific commands for it to understand. Didnt have the owners manual to look at.

I'd be happy to buy it today but where do you find the DVD in the 04 RX330?

I looked in the trunk but couldnt find it.

The DVD unit is in the back cargo area on the right side under one of those storage bins! Its tucked in there a littel bit, but east to find. Let us know what all changes with the display with the new update (Im hoping the display changes to look like the 05's)

I don't believe the update changes the way the map looks. The reason it looks different is Lexus changed nav suppliers so its actually made by a different company. I actually prefer the way the nav looks on my 03 vs the new nav in our Prius and in my dad's new LS430. You'd have to swap out the nav computer to change the appearance.

As for voice activation, its not worth it. Totally a gimmick. FWIW though there is a kit that can make your nav voice activated availiable in Japan.