Electrical Problem

Ebonixx

The last work I got done to my Sc300 was a new AC compressor. that was maybe a month ago. After that i had to replace my Battery, the car wasn't starting properly. They tested my alternator, said that was fine along with my starter. So, a month later, last week, my car suddenly just dies. all power is gone. I take it back to the shop i got my battery at, NTB, and they gave me a new one. I get home last night and notice my lights very dim. turn the car off, then crank it up again, and i get nothing. SO, seems i killed a battery in a matter of days.

Does anyone know what could be the cause of this? or has anyone had any electrical problems like this in the past? I am returning it to the shop i had my compressor put on at, but it'll be sitting all day tomorrow, Sunday, so wondering if there is another alternative. Also, any trustworthy mechanics in the Maryland/baltimore area. Bad experience with my last mechanic. Trying hard to avoid the dealer.. but might end up there this time. thanks

Eb

sounds to me it's the alternator. i would take it to an Advance Auto and let them check it for free. also, if you can get the car to run, diconnect the positive battery cable. if the car turns off, it's the alternator because the car should run off of the alternator like it suppose to, after the car is running. if your aleternator is bad, everything is running off of the battery and that's quickly running it down, since the alternator isn't recharging it.

I just got word it COULD be the alternator. Pep boys did a test on it and they still aren't sure. Recommended me take it to the dealer. Called the dealer the want 750 for the alt and labor, and 90 to check the alt. Can't afford that, so going to get an alt off the net for 160-250 and get someone to put one on for me. Thanks for the info tho. gonna try that trick when i get my car back.

I went through 2 starters a battery and almost an ignition assembly on my Talon before it all came down to the darn "battery terminals" being coroded and needed replaced. In your case though definately sounds like the alternator, try pulling the postive cable like he said, that should pinpoint it.

Had the same exact problem on my SC400.... twice. Both times= alternator.

BTW: How much did the A/C Compressor go for? Did you do it yourself? Need a new compressor myslef. Mechanic who took a look at it told me it was gonna run me $800.

Had the same exact problem on my SC400.... twice.  Both times= alternator.

BTW:  How much did the A/C Compressor go for?  Did you do it yourself?  Need a new compressor myslef.  Mechanic who took a look at it told me it was gonna run me $800.

On ebay A/C COMPRESSOR LEXUS SC400 90-98 Item number: 7926775414 buy it now $265 Hope this helps you.