Would This Ashtray Work?

blake918

My ashtray doesn't spring open anymore. I found a trim piece on ebay, but it has trac and heated seats buttons-I don't. Do yall think the plugs are the same? Or worst case, could I remove the ashtray from the ebay piece and put it on my current trim piece?

:cheers:

GS, it shouldn't be too hard. You could do a couple of things. The easiest would be to find a set of the connector plugs that fit into those sockets and then cut the wires (power and ground) and wire them to whichever accessories you would like them to control. The power wire must go to a power source (could be spliced in behind the radio), and the ground to a ground, with the lights or accessory hooked up in between the switch and the actual power. The other way would be to directly solder you two wires into the switch. In order to find in which direction the current runs (unless your wiring LEDs or some other thing that works regardless of polarity), you probably need one of those volt-meters or circuit continuity testers. Just make sure the button is pressed in and the close the circuit (once it's wired to the power, but before you install the actual accessory. If it works, wire up your stuff and it should be good to go.