Anyone Selling Their 4" Nakamichi ?

My rightside door speaker is breaking up. It doesn't seem blow b/c it works fine at lower volumes but it really breaks up under stress. dealer wants almost $300 for just one 4" ! ! ! And i cant seem to find the old Nak's online-----anyone who may have put in aftermarket speakers that is willing to part w/ oem please let me know.

hey, i replaces all four on my SC, i put um...i think 4" rockford fosgate front, and 4 1/2" kickers in the back, both mid-bass by the way, they fit pretty good in the front back needed a lil effort but they sound great, spent bou 150 for all four :)

Hope this helps!! All my stocks were pretty much blown out...

You can get those 4" Nakamichis re-coned. I wouldnt recommend changing brands if you arent very fimiliar with compatibility of speakers. I thought a 4" was basically a 4", but found out the hard way. I recently replaced all of my Naks with 4" Kenwood KFC-1079ie 's. They SUCK!! They hiss... sound so cheap. I'm having my old Naks re-coned as we speak. Should get them back in a week or so, as he had to order more 4" cones. You may want to wait and see how mine come out. From what I've heard the speakers should be fine other than the foam breaking up from years of heat and just old age. The guy is charging me $20 each. It's worth a try. I'm sure he would service yours through the mail, if you wanted. From what I've heard he really knows what he's doing. He definately had tons of business when I dropped mine off. He was busy re-coning one while talking to me. His primary business is larger concert amps. He's been doing this day in day out for decades. Let me know if you want his number. Dont have it on me at the moment.

I'm interested in this service. I've got a 4" speaker that doesn't work at all. Please PM me the phone number.

David

You can get those 4" Nakamichis re-coned. I wouldnt recommend changing brands if you arent very fimiliar with compatibility of speakers. I thought a 4" was basically a 4", but found out the hard way. I recently replaced all of my Naks with 4" Kenwood KFC-1079ie 's. They SUCK!! They hiss... sound so cheap. I'm having my old Naks re-coned as we speak. Should get them back in a week or so, as he had to order more 4" cones. You may want to wait and see how mine come out. From what I've heard the speakers should be fine other than the foam breaking up from years of heat and just old age. The guy is charging me $20 each. It's worth a try. I'm sure he would service yours through the mail, if you wanted. From what I've heard he really knows what he's doing. He definately had tons of business when I dropped mine off. He was busy re-coning one while talking to me. His primary business is larger concert amps. He's been doing this day in day out for decades. Let me know if you want his number. Dont have it on me at the moment.

I'havent received my speakers back yet as he had to order the cones. You may want to wait and see how they come out, although I know a guy who had him repair his Acura Bose speakers and they came out great. If your speakers are completely dead he said he cant always fix them. However, he did tell me to leave the two dead ones and he would see if he could. He said alot of times there's a wire that comes loose at the base.

Allen's Speaker Reconing

919 W 19th St.

Houston, TX 77008

713-862-2747

I use Cerwin Vega Plate components in the front and 6" vegas in the back. Both sets are HED and are driven by a six channel Alpine V12. Also driving 2 12" subs in the trunk with the stock woofer removed. sounds awesome. Had to seperate the tweeter from the midrange in the front so I could put the tweeter in the top of the door. It is truly one of the best systems I have ever heard (I spent over 30 hours installing everything perfectly). Has 3 Farad capacitor and monster cable throughout. Spent about $2400.00 on parts and did the install myself. Worth every penny. Unfortunately, now I can't afford to upgrade the engine except for a K&N.

• 1 month later...