Bleeding Eardrums

SC4Million

Ok this sucks... :censored:

I just had all my pads and all of my rotors replaced. Now the brakes are SCREAMING at me everytime I try to stop. The squeal is unbearable.

Does anyone know if ceramic pads are availible for the 92 sc400, they are for the sc300...but I have had no luck so far with mine.

Or even better any sugestions on how to shut the brakes up?

THEY ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! :wacko:

Did you use factory toyota pads and rotors? Did you use the shim kit? If not what parts did you use, you might be able to stop it with anti-squal but it sounds to me like something louder...

I've never had factory yoda stuff do that though...

Aaron

Okay it's been my experience that for brakes Toyota is the way to go. Pads for my old '92 Camry were CHEAPER at Toyota than they were at the local auto parts store, rotors were slightly more however. Toyota uses semi-metallic pads, the local auto parts place used organic material.

In the long run I think the toyota parts are much cheaper, if there's any way you can return these parts and go get new Toyota/Lexus stuff I would if I were you. At the very least get the front brakes switched to Toyota stuff.

On another note anyone tried those eBay brembo rotors??? I'm contradicting myself here but I can get a pair of them for $185 CDN or whatever they want. I've heard of so many eBay scams though and I don't want cheap rotors on my car, will probably just go with stock Toyota stuff myself but I'm curious to see if anyone has used the brembos...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=7922451294

Thanks,

Aaron

Thanks, I know brembo's a good name, I just didn't want to buy a knock off inferior fake-brembo off eBay. I've emailed somebody with a camry that bought them from the same place I want to buy them from, well see what he says. It's nice to hear they're not junk, because they're much cheaper than stock, and I get the wow factor of them being cross drilled. :D

Aaron

Dude, I also have Carquest pads on my SC4 and i H A T E them. Worst pads ever. They squeal like I've never heard before. When I did my brake job, I regreased the sliders, used anti squeal grease on the back of the pads, used the shim kit and put anti-squeal grease on the back of the shims. Last, but not least, I even put anti squeal grease whereever the pads contacted the calipers. It's the pads, they just suck !Removed!.

I ordered a front pair of Brembo cross-drilled rotors from a Canadian company on Ebay (Night's Auto...I think). About three days ago my rotors arrived but they were not Brembo. They were some brand called Magnums. I thought, "oh no!...here we go!" I called the company and after being on hold for about twenty minutes the guy came back on and apologized continually and promised to ship out the Brembos that day. He didnt seem too concerned about getting the other rotors back as he said he would send UPS for them at some later date. I dont think you really have to worry about getting fake Brembos. If the edge of the rotor says Brembo.. it's Brembo. There is a far greater universal market for something like a fake Rolex, so that is why they exsist. For just hard daily driving I wouldnt advise you getting slotted rotors. They really eat-up your pads for no good reason. Slotted rotors are really for heavy course use where you actually need the pads to be scraped to remove the damaged pad material that results from extended periods of intense heat faced during racing. For heavy street use, I would go with drilled only. This gives you the improved heat dissipation that is sufficient for street. I'll let you know if my Brembos come and how they work. I'm going to run a set of Rotex metallic pads. We'll see.

^^^ thanks for the reply, I think that's the same company I was looking at (would rather buy within Canada to save on shipping/brokerage/etc)

I will only get drilled brembos, and I didn't realize they actually had brembo engraved on them. I'm going to use factory toyota semi-metallic pads, never had bad luck or poor performance from them for street use. Might buy another pad for lapping days but I'll do that when I start going to lapping days.

Thanks again,

Aaron