Chris*BLEEP*

chrispiss

Hey everybody, I just bought a 93 Es300 with only 66k miles on it. It's an awesome car, I absolutely love it! HOwever I do have some questions about it since I've never owned a toyota before.

First, I just read that there are overheating issues for the 92-93 models. Was there ever a TSB or recall about this? What components go wrong to cause this? My radiator has a crack in it and the engine got pretty hot the other day but I dunno if the crack caused it or this supposed overheating problem..

Second, the girl who sold it to me lost both the master key and the keyless entry key, so all I have is the valet key. Can the lexus dealer make me a new master and keyless set our of my valet one, or can they somehow cut a new one for me?

Third, does the stock stereo have outputs for another amp? I've decided to probably keep the stock system to keep it looking nice, but I want to add a sub or at least some nicer 6x9's.

And lastly, how in the heck do you get the oil filter out of there? I can't possibly see how you'd get it out from underneath the car, is there a trick to it?

Thanks guys! I love the car already, I'm very happy with it. :)

**edit** so yeah, you can tell I'm new, I typed my username into the title field when posting this message..ugh :blushing:

Edited by chrispiss

Welcome to the club chris! B) Please try & do a search on these forums (ES, Maintenance etc) as some of your questions should be answered already. IE: try typing overheating as an example as many if not all of these topics have been covered in the past. Enjoy your new Lexus!! ;)

:cheers: