2023 IS500 Interior is so 1990s!

I am an 2023 IS500 owner, for an almost $70,000 car, it does not have a place for your phone, Lexus did a very very poor job of not updating a 20 year old interior!   I’m disappointed there’s no space for my sunglasses on the ceiling space, no wireless charger, wire coming from center storage, the speedometer display is so tiny, I had to take my eye off the road while driving.  I’m totally disappointed with Lexus’s CHEAP DESIGNS!  The ok thing is the V8 & the 1,800 watts stereo.  Even the V8 @5.0 L. IS SLOW @ 4.4 Sec. (0-60mph)!   472 Horse Power should be under 3.5 sec., but Lexus blew it again with a slow 4.4 sec., not acceptable.  I regret buying this new Lexus IS500, I should of buy a Mercedes AMG instead.  The handling of the IS500 is barely sporty!!!  Disappointing, Lexus did a lousy job of creating this new IS500!

• Haha 2

From what I've read the resale value of a Mercedes is really bad after year 3. Not so much for the Lexus. 

The Mercedes might only command 45% of its sticker price in year 4 where the Lexus over 70%. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

SOME Mercedes have poor resale value.  Not true for AMG models however.  I just sold my AMG for $8k less than I paid for it 3 full years ago!  I think that was pretty darned good myself.  

Yes, I sold my AMG to pick up the IS500.  Mainly because my prepaid maintenance contract was going to be up at the end of the year.  You DO NOT want to pay maintenance of a Mercedes out of pocket.  Holy cow!  It'll drain you fast.  I will sorely miss the 'slap you in your seat' acceleration I got and the growl and bark of the exhaust when you laid into it.  I will not miss the lame styling though.  I wasn't going to sink $70k into an updated AMG model with 4 cylinders however.  Thats my main reason for leaving Mercedes. 

I am disappointed too with the interior of the IS 500, but I realize also that if they had updated it, it would be even more expensive.  So, I will be grateful I can own one for a while, however dated the inside looks like.  

Now, someone has to work on the tuning and alterations kits for this car!  I wish the ECU was already cracked on these.  I am certain there is another 80-100 horsepower left on the table with this engine that a dynamic tune could add back.