Wut Wax Is Best

I'm a big fan of Zymol. The stuff that is sold at the major retailers is good, but the commercial grade is excellent. I have used Meguiars for years but was told about Zymol this summer from a detailer that I met. He swore on it, so I did a side by side comparison of Meguiars gold to Zymol retail and the comparison was enough to change me to a regular user. The only downfall to it in comparison to Meguiars is that you may need to wax your car a time or two more per year. Meguiars seems to last a bit longer. I've read in a couple of forums that the synthetic waxes can yellow a white or pearl white finish after a few years. The beautiful finish of the diamond pearl white makes me not want to take that chance!!!

This question is asked over and over. I've been "waxing" cars since the mid-50's and over the years tried most of the stuff available at Walmart, Target, Sears, Autozone, NAPA, etc.

Several years ago I "moved up" to the methods and products used by "professional detailers". The big "secret" is the preparation. A good cleaning and polishing, claying with a claybar, and then topping with a quality sealant. The last step is the easiest if you do everything right. I've used several and prefer Zaino. It applies and removes easily, gives a great shine, and has a durability second to none. Check out Zainostore.com

Quote: I've read in a couple of forums that the synthetic waxes can yellow a white or pearl white finish after a few years. The beautiful finish of the diamond pearl white makes me not want to take that chance!!!

~One mans opinion / observations~

Its not polymer sealants or wax that stains paint surfaces but environmental pollution, if the surface is not cleaned (detailers clay, washed and then polished to remove them) on a regular basis (once, twice per year) the paint finish will become stained

The paint film surface becomes stained when continually exposed to an outdoor environment and inclement weather. Dirt and pollution accumulate in the microscopic pores and surface imperfections of the paint film surface and causes it to become clouded and grey, which over time causes a staining effect that hides the true colour of the paint system.

Light coloured paint shows this staining more than dark colours, white being particularly vulnerable to staining Removing paint staining build-up requires paint safe chemical that will exfoliate dirt particles from the painted surface (like a pre-wax cleaner)

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon