What Octane Do You Use & Your Average Mpg Around T

molocka12

I use Hess 87 octane & average 13.3 mpg around town.

I purchase this lx in late July & have not had the opportunity to go on a trip to see Highway mpg.

I am using K&N AIR & OIL FILTER in my LX450 with Mobil 1 Truck & SUV SAE 5W- 40 Sythetic thinking my milage would be better. I now getting 12.5 almost 1 mpg less .

In our 450s, we use 87 octane (which is the octane rating for Regular Unleaded in CA).

My wife's stock 450 has gotten 17 mpg on the highway, but average highway is 16 mpg. Average mixed city/hwy is 14 mpg.

My 450 now gets 13 mpg on the highway, if I'm lucky...and about 11 to 12 in mixed city/highway. The difference is due to the aftermarket bumpers, rock sliders, lift, and oversized tires. My mpg is based off my GPS readings, so they're corrected for the tire size increase.

87 Octane, slightly under 15mpg mixed driving, between 16 and 17 for all highway.

I'm not sure why I get better than factory. Fresh fluids throughout (all dino except T-case) and I am bone stock. There was a noticable increase after I did the birf job, and cleaned all the birf. !Removed! out of the axle. FWIW, it does look like the cleanliness of the fluid in the front diff has a significant impact on mpg.

:cheers:

Rookie

• 1 month later...