Just Found Out

sunman

I have had my 97es for 1 month now. It runs great. No problems at all. I was toying in the engine bay area and noticed some rust. Well, after doing further research, it appears that the car has been in a front end collision. The headlights are misaligned also. The right one is a little forward than the left one. I looked underneath also. The top radiator brace is also mis aligned. It is protruding out a bit in the right side. You can clearly make out where the original brace and the new brace differs. Should I take it to a body shop to get everything realigned. I can take most of the parts apart myself. Just need help with the metal work since I don't weld. What do you all think?

I have had my 97es for 1 month now. It runs great. No problems at all. I was toying in the engine bay area and noticed some rust. Well, after doing further research, it appears that the car has been in a front end collision. The headlights are misaligned also. The right one is a little forward than the left one. I looked underneath also. The top radiator brace is also mis aligned. It is protruding out a bit in the right side. You can clearly make out where the original brace and the new brace differs. Should I take it to a body shop to get everything realigned. I can take most of the parts apart myself. Just need help with the metal work since I don't weld. What do you all think?

As long as it drives fine and does not lean or sway to one side or the other on the highway I would leave it.

I drove a mazda for about 3 years after a frame bending accident without any problems. Further, I am told that no-one can put the humpty dumpty back together properly 100% again...and something else may go wrong if you try.