Quick Sub-woofer Question

I have a simple question. I am very happy with the stock sound...I have the 6 CD Changer and think its a solid system all around (I think the people before me were old people that didn't use it at all) All that i want to do is add my 12 inch sub in the trunk....were do I wire it to? the amp, or chain it off the rears? I installed and wired an entire system in my old mustang so I'm not poking around in the dark...I'm just nervous to start yanking things in this car compared to an old ford :-P Thank you very much for ANY help! :)

Danny

oh here's my car

http://www.dansnyderrealty.com/car/4.jpg

Lots of posts on the same subject from the begining of the LOC

get the output from the wires in the trunk to the amp

Get a shop to wire up the amp as a few people who were novices in audio andwiring did it and have smoked their amps decks and ant because of bad wiring from inexpericances.

Save the trouble it should only be about $60 to get someone to do it right ,once.

I understand that it does happan, but I find it hard to beleive that a lot of people mess up the installation, I did 2 cars before, and i did not really know much about audio, but it came out fine, Its like 2 wires total, unless u running rca from HU , so thats 3, and i dont see how you can mess it up, if u plug it in right holes in the amp itself, I want to install sub in lex also, but i duno how much fun it will be to run wires, and how i would be able to secure the box, its fairly small 10inch eclipse alum sub with small box, so it should fit in nicely w/o taking up much space, if i get some time i ll prroly install it, and stock speakers are decent enough for me , so i wont be replacing those.

there is a hole in firewall that you can run the wire through right? its on pass side i believe ?

thanx

well a lot of "pro" guys you speak of are prolly guys like you and me who got a job installing car audio ; ) I dont really know what happaned with him frying the amp, but I m sure its possible, i had a few sparks before next to my amp when i was installing wires ; ) " tip: dont connect the power wire to the battery when installing it to amp haha :" cause i shorted it out with screwdriver, amp worked after though ; ) heh I guess its good to know what u doing, but u can always learn by trying, I think when i ll be installing my sub in car, I will ghetto the remote wire so that it just comes from power wire, but that would cause amp to be on ALL TIME when car is started, So i would have to run a wire back into cabin, and put a switch on it, I dont know if thats the best idea, but it beats taking out the head unit to find the " turn on wire" if any one has better idea? or know a place to connect to inside the engine bay, feel free to let me know, cause that would be a bit nicer. thanx