2004 Es330 Xm Radio

iammikey

I was a little nervous on Wednesday after forking out $369.00 plus tax on the XM module (Lexus part #: 86100-0W100) for my Nav/ML equiped ES. After 1.5hrs of install (actually longer since I was taking pictures to post), the result is official, the XM module integrated into my system. The mfg date really didn't matter. I have lots of pictures of the install I can post later this week.

I'll be adding the rear view camera and mic this winter. I can't wait to do that!

THANK YOU for all your posts on this subject!

Congrats, Glad to hear that the installation went so well. I too had the kit installed in my 04 ES this week and my wife and I are enjoying the heck out of it. By the way, you mentioned that you will be getting the backup camera and Mic installed at a later date. Could you pass along some more info on that please. For one, is the camera now integratable into the ES and when you say "Mic" can I assume you are speaking about voice activation for the navi system . . . correct? If so, do you have any part numbers, etc.? Thanks and looking forward to hearing your response. Mike

I'm going overseas in a couple of months and will be getting the Nav mic and camera there. I'm not sure if the part #'s, but the parts from the Toyota Sienna will work. The Sienna XLE Limited has a backup camera, Nav mic, and other neat things I will integrate. My repair manual shows tv, mic, dvd, XM, remote, front/rear camera integration.

My brother inlaw just got home from Japan with some car stuff and I'll post what's relevant to our ES's.

For more Nav upgrade info, check out this link: http://www.siennaclub.org/forum/index.php?showforum=8

The XM worked flawless this weekend between Sacramento and San Jose.

I'll try to post the pics Tuesday evening.

Great post on the install Jammikey. Thanks much.

My dealer wants to charge 2+ hrs of labor to do this so I am of the inclination to do it myself.

My question is where can I get a factory service manual for the 04 ES330? Do I need to go to the dealer and pay through the nose?

Thanks

SW03ES:

Thank you! I'll be happy to do a better writeup when I get a chance.

MS_ES330:

The installation is easier than you think. It's just a matter of patience and initiative. I'll be disassembling my car in the next few months to add the camera and mic as well as rear seat audio from a Sienna. If you plan on driving up to the Sacramento area in the future, let me know, and I can teach you. It's really easy.

I can post more detailed instructions on trim removal, tools, and techniques when I get a chance. The best trim removal tool I've used is a thin and flat screwdriver covered with blue 3M paint from Home Depot's paint dept. Just make sure to check and change the tip tape often.

Cutter:

As far as the factory manual, I bought mine on eBay which is on a CD. It's in pdf format, but it's missing an index. Not too bad for $10.00.

Dealer installed XM, thanks to all of you. St. Louis dealer get claiming it was not available for ES330 until they were shown your postings.

Paid $370 for unit and $300 for labor. It was the dealers first install in ES330 w/Nav system. They did a great job.

Now, how do I keep the audio display on? It keeps reverting to map view.

Thank you all