My Gs Has Trouble Starting

It's been happening for more than a week now. Get up in the morning to warm up the car, but the car usually just starts and then dies within 2 seconds after being started. I do it 3 to 4 times before it starts right up and doesn't go down again.

Does or did anybody have something like this similar that happened to them? I am growing concern about it's reliability.

Should I get a diagnostic now?

check fuel filter , air filter , any lights on the dash ? cel , etc...when was the last time you had plugs replaced ? plug wires checked ? pull your maf off and see if there is something blocking the sensor area , blow it out with compressed air , from both sides , reset your ecu by disconnecting the neg. terminal of the battery for 20 min. reconnect and try again . if all else fails take it to a dealer or reputable mechanic.Hope you get the problem solved , It is difficult to diagnose over the internet .

Don not blow the sensor with compressed air it is a thin metal filament it will break

clean your throttle body ,cars that are subjected to lots of idling and short trips tend to have large amounts of carbon deposits from the cold engien being flooded with gas cloggin up the throttle plate after the engien is turned off when it is still in rich mode.

It's been happening for more than a week now. Get up in the morning to warm up the car, but the car usually just starts and then dies within 2 seconds after being started. I do it 3 to 4 times before it starts right up and doesn't go down again.

Does or did anybody have something like this similar that happened to them? I am growing concern about it's reliability.

Should I get a diagnostic now?

Hello Guys, I have aquestion. I replaced my 02 sensors (The Front 2). I had a diagnostic test done and the guys said it was one of the front sensors. i replace both sensors and the check engine lights still comse on. is there a certain way that the ecu must be reset. I have takent the positive lead of the battery for all of 5 seconds and the check engine light goes away. But after a day or so it comes back on again. Does this seem like another problem now? Please reply to

olanda.curry@ericsson.com

It'd pretty simple. You still have a problem. After you replaced the sensors, you still have to hook up the scantool and reset the light, if you haven't done that. It's a good idea to monitor the activity of all the sensors after you replace them, using the scantool. That way, you know they are working.