2002 Es300

LS430

NO the car sux, but you CAN buy me one ; ) I ll prolly enjoy it ; ) heh JK

try it out , i think thats the best advice , I use to ask people about cars, maxima/mazda 626, millenia, es300 etc etc, and some say good, some say bad, but when i tried maxima and others, and then tried es300, i was hooked, I figured es300 was best for my needs,

so try it out and u ll know if its for u or not

good luck

safe? totally relevant term. How safe a driver are you? How safe are the drivers in your area?

The 2002 has dual front airbags, side airbags, curtain airbags for starters in safety features. TRAC control, ABS and Vehicle Skid Control.....not too shabby.

Newsweek was doing a write up about a year or two ago on the 2003 ES. While stopped, they got smacked in the back by a car doing about 30 mph. The pictures were not pretty, HOWEVER, the rear crumple zone totally isolated the damage to the rear area and the cabin was not effected. I was impressed.

so far, I couldn't be happier. Ok, a GS would make me happier, but that's out of my price bracket right now.

steviej

safe? totally relevant term. How safe a driver are you? How safe are the drivers in your area?

The 2002 has dual front airbags, side airbags, curtain airbags for starters in safety features. TRAC control, ABS and Vehicle Skid Control.....not too shabby.

Newsweek was doing a write up about a year or two ago on the 2003 ES. While stopped, they got smacked in the back by a car doing about 30 mph. The pictures were not pretty, HOWEVER, the rear crumple zone totally isolated the damage to the rear area and the cabin was not effected. I was impressed.

so far, I couldn't be happier. Ok, a GS would make me happier, but that's out of my price bracket right now.

steviej

Actually, I'm still not certain about the GS making me happier.

I'm going to arbitration over my ES transmission and I'm asking them to replace it with a GS or give me my money back. The problem is that the GS lacks the rear head air bags - which lessens the safety - which was a major part of the reason I bought the ES.

Hate to burst you bubble, but you can't switch trannies on an ES with a GS...one little problem! '02 ES is front wheel-drive with a horizontal engine (3.0 liter) with a horz. tranny...while the GS is rear-wheel-drive with an inline 6 engine (also a 3.0...but quite the engine since it is the same engine as the no-long US sold Supra). Sorry man. '02 Trannies are not the best...they revised it in '04

Hate to burst you bubble, but you can't switch trannies on an ES with a GS...one little problem! '02 ES is front wheel-drive with a horizontal engine (3.0 liter) with a horz. tranny...while the GS is rear-wheel-drive with an inline 6 engine (also a 3.0...but quite the engine since it is the same engine as the no-long US sold Supra). Sorry man. '02 Trannies are not the best...they revised it in '04

No one was suggesting putting a GS tranny into an ES.