Headlight Removal

i need to take my headlights out of my 97 sc300, but cant quite figure out where to start, how many bolts are holding it in, and how the hell to get to them all, is there a trick, must i take off my bumper? is there a manual or web page i can go to?? any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

they have yellowed on the inside so i am taking them apart and detailing the inside with some compound and polish, to start with i was going to get an HID kit but not sure where to get a good one, im trying to find out if you can use the is 300 setup for that.

i need to take my headlights out of my 97 sc300, but cant quite figure out where to start, how many bolts are holding it in, and how the hell to get to them all, is there a trick, must i take off my bumper? is there a manual or web page i can go to?? any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

:) I have replaced both of my headlight assemblies on my 1992 SC400. I have the service manual and it states that you have to drop the front bumper assy. by removing all bumper bolts. Sorry there is no other way.

actually i was able to detach them quite easily the way that soarer479 suggested through the wheel well, maybe your model year is different. listen up guys i took out the lights put them in the oven at 260 degrees for 7 minutes, there are a few screws to take out before you do this!!! i was easily able to pry them apart. DO NOT SCRAPE OFF THE FACTORY GLUE!!! after i cleaned the inside and outside of the lights i put both pieces back in the oven and reheated at 260 for 7 more min. took the pieces out and put them back together. let them cool then apply some silicon glue along the crease mark of the assembly. works quite effectively. is it worth all the work though....kinda they look ok ill have some pics up soon, but its not worth the time, you will be out a car for a good night maybe 2 if u run into some problems. ild rather go glass to be honest, but untill then at least my plastic lights will do. :D

Thanks for all the help guys-

J_Lee84SC

jetlee84, unless you are getting the 8000k's for coolness, i do not suggest that application. if you want for the best look and output, i'd go with 6000k. My Sc has 5000k hids right now and i love them. and i do not think glass headlights were ever made. best thing you could do is just buy a brand new set or 2 or 3 or 4 to last you a while. good luck! :cheers:

yeah i can not find anyone with glass headlights only the glass high beams...its sad to say but the demand is just not high enough and prob never will be...there is a way though...if you are ready to shell out some money a good custom glass maker around town can prob do it$$$$$ so really a 5 or 6000 looks better huh...what is the color difference between the 2??