Hot Air Coming From Vents On Dash

• 3 weeks later...

You might check that the water valve is shutting completely. I thought my AC wasn't working that well, but found that when I turned off the compressor, HOT air was coming out. I didn't realise that air is always drawn through the heater core on these cars, but the water to the core is shut off by a valve just in front of the firewall. I just left another post on here describing the fix. I could go into more details if it would help.

• 4 weeks later...
With the Climate Control OFF and driving in heavy traffic, is it normal to feel a slight warming of the vents

That is completely normal, but this will stop if you leave the control in the 'recirculate' position or leave your 'temperature' control at a colder degree. There is always hot coolant circulating through the heater core and when the Climate Control is off, the cooling area(evaporator) is not working so there will be warm air coming out of the vents.

The problem discribed here is not a normal function. The air coming out is hot and does not get cool over time despite lowering the temperature. Switching to recirculate will not solve the problem either as the heat seems to build up and permeates the lower dash. My car is going to the dealer first chance I get, but over the phone the service guy did not have a clue. More to come . . . .

The problem discribed here is not a normal function.

Sorry, I disagree with this statement! I felt the same warming of the vents on my, '91ES, my '94ES, and my current '03ES. It would be strange that all 3 cars would exhibit the same symptoms......dontcha think? I just mentioned about using the recirculate position as a work around if the warm air was bothersome when using the venting system without turning on the climate control. ;)

The problem discribed here is not a normal function.

Sorry, I disagree with this statement! I felt the same warming of the vents on my, '91ES, my '94ES, and my current '03ES. It would be strange that all 3 cars would exhibit the same symptoms......dontcha think? I just mentioned about using the recirculate position as a work around if the warm air was bothersome when using the venting system without turning on the climate control. ;)

It happens on mine, as well - also on other cars I've driven.

I just leave the climate control on auto and move the temperature up and down for comfort.

My wife does the same thing this person apparently does. If the car is too cold, she turns the AC off - rather than increasing the temperature a bit. Of course, within a few minutes, the car is way too hot. So I turn the AC back on and show her how to raise the temperature - for the umpteenth time.

My wife does the same thing this person apparently does. If the car is too cold, she turns the AC off - rather than increasing the temperature a bit. Of course, within a few minutes, the car is way too hot. So I turn the AC back on and show her how to raise the temperature - for the umpteenth time.

:lol: Yup: I've tried to explain to many people the proper operation of the climate control.....but yet they do the same thing as your wife.....on, off, on, off.....AD Infinitum. :(