Weird Stereo Issue, Sc430

LSBlake

On my step-mom's 2002 SC430, the volume periodically fades in and out only while listening to the radio, it has never done this on CD. So we took it since it is still under warrenty to have checked out. We were able to replicate the issue with a service rep sitting right there. They had the car over the weekend, and then called us and told us they went through every component but could not find anything wrong. They say, until something actually fails they cannot fix it. I think this sucks considering I have to deal with a problem that should be non-existent just because their warrenty doesn't allow parts to be replaced unless they have "failed." Anyone have any suggestions?

they don;t have to wait for it to fail especially if they have heard it also, thy might just not want to start taking apart a new car just like that

tell them you want a new head unit first and they should do it

I called around and talked to a few service managers today. They said almost all 2002's have had their amplifiers replaced. Looked in my logs to find this would had not. Had my dealer order me one under warrenty, so hopefully this will fix my problem. Word to the wise, if your 2002 SC hasn't gotten its amplifier changed out, I suggest you have it done before the warrenty runs out.