Where Is Located 91ls Oil Level Warning Switch?

j4649

I have a 91 ls400, oil level warning light come on every time for 10 seconds while driving after 20miles dirve on freeway, then I checked engine oil level, it was fine. so now I am suspecting oil level warnig switch is bad? but I can not find where it is. anyone has idea what is wrong? :lol: :(

• 11 months later...

at what rpms does this happen? might mean that your oil pump going bad as well, but first check the oil pressure sensor

my wrecked 94 did that every single time 30-seconds after car starts, regardless RPM, even idling. of course, every time I checked, oil level was always at proper level despite the 'oil level low' warning. I was kinda just live with it....

oil level sensor (a few hundreds bucks) and oil presure sensor (under $100) are different things with separate warning lights.

J4649 - This also happened to me and it turn out it needed some oil. Add a half a quart and the light should stay off. Just a note these cars require 5.6 qts of oil. So if an oil change was done recently, most cars only take 5 qts and thats probably what was put in.