Will Seats From '97+ Fit '96- ?

os2

I'm thinking about replacing my old worn out seats with a set of newer ones off ebay taken off some 99 or newer ES. Since mine has a purple interior I would not even bother matching colors since they stopped making purple seats in 97. I guess tan/beige ones which are relatively easy to come across will match/contrast well my brown (kinda chocolate) dash/panels.

At least would front fit with some minor drilling in the seat rails?

I assume rear seat foam back might require some extra fabrication...

Also was driver seat memory an option or standard on 97-02 ES?

thanks

First off, the 96 and the 97 are two different body style generations. As such, the floor pans will most likely be different, meaning seat mounting points may be different. To find out, crawl under both body styles and do some measuring. As for the memory seats, my wife's 97 has them, but the car is an upscaled model with the chrome wheels and variable shocks, etc. I'm not sure the memory seat were available in all models. Curiously, the shop manual I have shows all of the needed circuitry and procedures for the power seats, but does not even show or mention the memory seat option anywhere. HMMM! The rear seats will again have to be measured to determine fitment (British word...I don't know what came over me.) Good luck!