2005 Lexus Lx470

lexus ls430

I really can't see Lexus changing the LX470 to a Sequioa based platform for a number of reasons.

First, Toyota and Lexus has no trouble whatsoever selling the Land Cruiser and Lx470 all over the world. It is not like these trucks don't sell in various parts of the world.

Seocnd, even though Toyota does not sell as many Land Cruisers as Sequioa they still do sell them effeciently in America. The Sequioa is a different vehicle designed for American people especially mom's and families. The Land Cruiser is a niche vehicle which is sold to dedicated Land Crusier lovers.

Third, the only Lexus that is not built in Japan is the RX330 which is built in Ontario Canada. Lexus builds the LX470 in Japan all with the GX470, 4Runner and Land Crusider. The Sequioa is built off the Tundra platform and is built in the US for American people that is why it is larger than the Cruiser and LX470.

This is my opinion on the whole deal.

I really can't see Lexus changing the LX470 to a Sequioa based platform for a number of reasons.

First, Toyota and Lexus has no trouble whatsoever selling the Land Cruiser and Lx470 all over the world. It is not like these trucks don't sell in various parts of the world.

Seocnd, even though Toyota does not sell as many Land Cruisers as Sequioa they still do sell them effeciently in America. The Sequioa is a different vehicle designed for American people especially mom's and families. The Land Cruiser is a niche vehicle which is sold to dedicated Land Crusier lovers.

Third, the only Lexus that is not built in Japan is the RX330 which is built in Ontario Canada. Lexus builds the LX470 in Japan all with the GX470, 4Runner and Land Crusider. The Sequioa is built off the Tundra platform and is built in the US for American people that is why it is larger than the Cruiser and LX470.

Unfortunately, this is a quote from MotorTrend.com

"...2006 Lexus VX 470: Replacing the Land Cruiser twin LX 470 is a luxury version of the larger Sequoia."

So, I guess the 2005 is safe for now.

http://motortrend.com/future/spied/112_2006fvf/index3.html

Unfortunately, this is a quote from MotorTrend.com

"...2006 Lexus VX 470: Replacing the Land Cruiser twin LX 470 is a luxury version of the larger Sequoia."

So, I guess the 2005 is safe for now.

http://motortrend.com/future/spied/112_2006fvf/index3.html

I don't know about MotorTrend. MT has been known to make mistakes.

Sales of the LX470 have been pathetic since the debut of the GX. Some dealers no longer stock them. Nicest SUV on the road or not, they have to do something and larger is where they need to go.

That honestly disappoints me.....I think the lx 470 is **THE** nicest SUV on the market...and I will be sad to see it go.

Don't worry, Lexus will have a replacement. I am on my 3rd LX470, having just purchased the 2004 and really enjoying it.

The LX470 has been around for a long time and a redsign won't hurt. I trust Lexus will do it right! :cheers:

Perhaps the LX 470/Land Cruiser series will stay and simply become the little brother of the VX500/Sequoia series in 2006. It would be nice to have the LX redesigned though, since 1999 was the last time it happened.

You guys fail to understand that it costs a lot to build these (thelx and the land cruiser) plus they have to pay tariff on each vehicle. The seqoia is built here in the us and costs a lot less to build so they have a higher profit margin.

plus they have to pay tariff on each vehicle. The seqoia is built here in the us and costs a lot less to build so they have a higher profit margin.

Last time I saw tariff figures they were running at $10000 per unit on imported trucks.