Extended Warranty

alwanw1

In general, extended warranties on any product is a bad idea. A big money maker for the seller. Unless, you think something bad is about to happen, I'd pass.

Reminds me of insurance at the blackjack table- sucker bet.

i dont think that 2001 lexus will require any major investments in repair any time soon. LS model is famous by going strong for couple of k miles without any major repairs.

I've always bought the extended warranty on all vehicles I've owned and for one reason or another I've always seem to come out ahead on them as well. Even on My civic I've had many years ago, it saved me about $3500 in the longrun. Now I have my '90 LS and I bought one as well. It has 113k on it and I don't expect anything to go wrong with it anytime soon, BUT if it does, I also know it won't be cheap to fix. Besides the warranty I bought covers just about everything, even down to the seatmotors and A/C. So if my A/C compressor decides to give up live, it'll cost me $50 and it just paid for the warranty.

Kind of like carinsurance. I've never had an accident, ever, yet I pay month after month, just in case I do oneday.

In my opinion, an extended warranty on a '01 Lexus would not be worth your money. I have had my '97 LS 400 for 5 years and used the CPO warranty a couple times in the first year or so and have not had any issues that would have been covered. Unless it's only a couple hundred, and I'm sure it's not, I would not do it. Sit back relax and enjoy your Lexus.