Removing Trunk Emblems

hello- I am considering taking off the " es300" and " lexus" emblems and simply leaving the lexus symbol on the back of the car. Does anyone know how to do this? Are the emblems glued on or bolted in? Does ayone have any experience removing these from an es300 ( mine is '95)

thanks guys!

-Smoothride

Hey SmoothRide,

Don't go and take them off unless you plan on a trip to the body shop to fill the holes behind the emblems. I replaced mine a couple weeks ago and behind each emblem are 2 small holes to help aliegn the new ones. I wish I had taken them off and had the trunk repainted when I had my bumpers repainted. :wacko:

Oh well, the new emblems look great and so does my paint, thanks to Steve here in the detailing area. :cheers:

Hey SmoothRide,

Don't go and take them off unless you plan on a trip to the body shop to fill the holes behind the emblems. I replaced mine a couple weeks ago and behind each emblem are 2 small holes to help aliegn the new ones. I wish I had taken them off and had the trunk repainted when I had my bumpers repainted. :wacko:

Oh well, the new emblems look great and so does my paint, thanks to Steve here in the detailing area.:cheers:

Depends on the car. I don't have the answer onhand for the ES. I see in your link you have an LS (unless you did not list your ES ;)). My GS has no holes behind my emblems.

• 7 months later...
hello- I am considering taking off the " es300" and " lexus" emblems and simply leaving the lexus symbol on the back of the car. Does anyone know how to do this? Are the emblems glued on or bolted in? Does ayone have any experience removing these from an es300 ( mine is '95)

thanks guys!

-Smoothride

My GD 300 does not have holes under the emblems. I found this out b/c I have the oposite problem. My trunk emblems fell off my 1999 GS 300. I purchased new ones, which have a reddish looking adhesive on the back. Can anybody tell me how to apply them? Thanks much! Alexalee in Florida

PM LOC/CL member lexusk8. He did this exact mod on his 01 ES last spring. He even created a thread that has pictures. (I can't remember if it is here or on CL).

There are not bolts or pins on the ES and LEXUS emblems, just adhesive.

you need a blow dryer/heat gun, monofilament, 3M adhesive remover, 3m ultra fine rubbing compound, a nice wax and of course some soft cloths.

steviej

• 4 weeks later...

PM LOC/CL member lexusk8. He did this exact mod on his 01 ES last spring. He even created a thread that has pictures. (I can't remember if it is here or on CL).

you need a blow dryer/heat gun, monofilament, 3M adhesive remover, 3m ultra fine rubbing compound, a nice wax and of course some soft cloths.

steviej

my '98 lid only has the hole for the "L".

steviej

my '98 lid only has the hole for the "L".

Im also trying to take off the lexus emblem on my truck, but there are three holes behind the "L" emblem.. the other emblems were just glued on. If you decide to take off the other emblems, you can use a blow dryer to remove the glue with ease! good luck