New "bomb" Muffler

I may have posted a similar thing earlier, but this is different. I am seriously considering this muffler for my ES300:

Muff here

It is about $120. My old muffler really has nothing wrong with it, but my car is too quiet. I have about 1k to burn on this car since it does need some work, and I'm considering a new muffler, and a wing. But right now I'd like some info on the muffler. How much will it cost (minus the cost of the accual muffler) to get it installed? Has anyone else had one like this installed?

So what's the draw to these '!Removed! can' mufflers. I see them mostly on chopped spring civics and usually burst into a fit of laughter everytime. Too little backpressure can have ill effects, in extreme cases you can run lean but you will realistically loose some low end torque.

unless you change the piping you wont have any back rpessure issues

that type of muffler will be loud get an oval one to reduce the resonace if you want a quieter ride with a bit more grunt

My cousin has a wide oval as but a dual tip and it is loud and annoying when driving a complete difference compared to my muffler with new piping from the resonator back and an oval muffler and tip

your choice

and jack ,nice way to make a blanket statment

thousands of civics have a round tanabe style muffler with no chopped springs , very few idiots drive with chopped springs, not because they drive a civc but because they are just idiots

instead of that noname brand.. get a greddy sp or apexi world sport... you can get them in catbacks or just the muffler... theyre big mufflers that flow with the es300 very well... itll look good, sound good, and be a high quality product

to weld it on should cost about 50-100

agreed with the apex and greddy

price is dependent on the shop and if they veiw a "L" as an extra cost to charge you for

call around and say you have a same year camry for quotes

also as for 2.5 inch pipe in stainless steel not aluminized or mild steel

If I had the money, I'd go with the stainless TRD for the Camry- nice factory look and fit. I haven't seen the others mentioned. I think the price is a little steep for the TRD at around $400, but I think it includes the catback. What do the other systems cost?

Thanks- never heard of the axleback.

Hoe, I was also wondering if there was much difference in sound levels? Do you think one is louder than another? I would like the most quiet of them. I guess it would depend on if there were just as many resonators as stock.

I also wondered which may have a problem with the muffler tip being to large, causing it to drag at steep inclines.