Suspension Work

slgreen

i've had suspension checked by 2 different dealer shops. one reported that strut bar bushing had minor crack. the other reported rear carrier bushings are torn.

i will be replacing ball joints next week. should i consider replacing either strut bar bushings or rear carrier bushings? or both?

thanks..

definitely both. in the tutorial section i did a replacement and i showed a picture of what the old bushing looks like maybe you should take a look for more convincing its in the important topics at the top and the pics are on the second page.

yes i agree as well......the bushings tend to go bad the older the car gets, bushings get worn and the car creeks on the front end in cold weather, and doesn't take the impact of bumps as well.

they are also a rather inexpensive fix to suspension problems and others

i had my rear end gear bushing replaced last year, i thought my tranny was going out, it was making a popping sound, took it in and it was a $30 rubber bushing that had gone bad,,, wow that was a relief :whistles:

good luck