Newbie Here

Hi y'all. Just got a 97 SC300 last weekend. This is my first automatic car, and it is so nice now that I don't have to work so hard in the traffic. I am thinking to change the wheels on(chrome wheels are not my cup of tea), can some body suggest a good size I should be looking? Also, where can I find Lexus parts(The cover for the amplifier in the trunk is missing, and the motor/anthena for the radio are not working).

Thanks a lot.

welcome to the site its always nice to get new ppl i also have a 97 sc300 but for your question on rims 18s will fit nicely on our car but u could go slightly bigger if wanted ive got some 18 inch volks and i love them

welcome to the site its always nice to get new ppl i also have a 97 sc300 but for your question on rims 18s will fit nicely on our car but u could go slightly bigger if wanted ive got some 18 inch volks and i love them

Thanks guys. I have a few more questions....

If I decide to go with 18-in wheels, do I need to go to the dealer to adjust the computer so odometer will read correctly.

I never own an automatic car before. Do I put the car in neutral at the traffic light, or do I just keep my food on the brake? When do I need to use the 2 and L gear?

Thanks.

:lol: hehe you really havnt had an auto well thats cool. when you change rims (my choice would be volk GT-C's or GT-7's) your tire becomes a lower profile so the actual circumfrence of the tire doesnt change by that much. maybe like 5% or something minimal depending on the tire. as for your cute questions about 2nd and L :P you can just keep your foot on the brake at the light. L and 2nd are mostly for going down hill for long periods of time. or just having fun blasting around in 2nd :D but i found before shifting in to second if you push the overdrive off button first its a smoother shift because it goes in to third before second and not directly to second so you get less of a jerk. oh and congrats on the buy! i am the opposite i am looking for a 5 speed project car but i am still a bit short on cash.

Volks are nice...but they are way to expensive for me. I am looking around 2K or less with the tires. Any recommandation? I guest I will have to go with the 17s instead.

I get the SC300 for my daily driving, and planing to get a cheap project car so I can actually learn to work on cars. After a few years(hopefully I will learn enough by then), I will probably try to do the supra TT swap or install turbo(s).

Thanks.

It has 69K on it. So I figure after 2 years, probably is right time to swap or turbo charge the car. I am not searching for the "project" car so I can start messing with it, and hopefully I will be able to do the swap/turbo charge my own. Time to start saving money.