1993 Sc400 Cd Changer

Hello and Thanks!

I have recently bought this car from a friend's wife who has never...I mean never used the cd changer or the cassette.

I loaded a few and the head will show the discs switching. I can open the trunk and hear it loan and change. It never goes to the track even when I press the track button.

I realize that sometimes if you don't use it you lose it, but I'm not sure that is the case. I have used a cd cleaner but it doesnt make much of a difference. I feel that it's probably something stupid that I am over looking.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

The stock cd changer is a pile of crap, i have the 12 disc and it never plays anything twice, if you dont like the song it plays for you, your screwed, if you change it, it will never play the song you want. in my case, it always plays the songs i hate, i would recommend an upgrade to a better system.there is a cd changer im going to pick up from best buy and it hook directly into your exsisting stereo and you can still use the stock head unit controls! fun stuff, good luck, youll need it :D

Watch out for the aftermarket changers , this is fair warning , the second gen 92-96 12 disc lexus changers are faulty and the 3rd gen changers are almost perfect 96-2000 ,If you want a 96 -2000 lexus 6 disc changer contact me and will arrange it for you . B)

Watch out for the aftermarket changers , this is fair warning , the second gen 92-96 12 disc lexus changers are faulty and the 3rd gen changers are almost perfect 96-2000 ,If you want a 96 -2000 lexus 6 disc changer contact me and will arrange it for you . B)

do the 6 disc changers fit and operate just like the 12 disc changers?

Dcfish:

I am interested in a 6 disc changer. Can't email you through the board, so let me

know the details please.

Charles

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The stock cd changer is a pile of crap, i have the 12 disc and it never plays anything twice, if you dont like the song it plays for you, your screwed, if you change it, it will never play the song you want. in my case, it always plays the songs i hate, i would recommend an upgrade to a better system.there is a cd changer im going to pick up from best buy and it hook directly into your exsisting stereo and you can still use the stock head unit controls! fun stuff, good luck, youll need it :D

B) Angel - could you plaese tell me the make and model of the 6 disc cd changer you found at Best Buy ? It would be very appreciated.

TIA ...

$275.00 for the 6 disc shipped with 60 day warranty

hi, I found this about a year later after you posted it. I was wondering if you still have any cd changer for sc 400 left? the old owner I bought from screwed the car stereo system up nicely

thank you

Yes , I have a changer for you email me at dabaysidejill01@att.net